Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default D2 Loot Maker - feature update

I've updated this tool -

You can now import a list of items and assign them to various NPC's
The list is either a "itemid" list or a tab delimited list "item_name itemid" - see below
Bronze Helm 4201
Bronze Mask 4202
Bronze Collar 4203

or use

Clear the list with the "remove item list" so you can use the tool in the normal mode where you select items by category.

My item editor auto exports the list of seached items in resources/ folder, a file called "eqitems.txt"
That file's contents are copied and pasted by the user into the D2 editor and you then you specifiy which NPC's (by level) and % chance the items will drop.

today I used the tool to assign specific banded and bronze stuff to mob levels 11-20. Then when you play, you will see the mobs drop the items.

Did you ever want to have all your cleric's spells drop? Then search for cleric spells in my item editor, import the list, execute the query, and viola, npc's now drop your spells

..infinite possibilities..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

Last edited by GeorgeS; 08-10-2007 at 12:44 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

great work George as always, One question though , on all of your tools they are to big for me to see the whole thing on my screen , resolution set at 1024x768 is there anyway I can resize the windows? I have tried to find a way myself but cant. Thanks, and thanks for all the great tools.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

eqitems editor runs at a higher res - you need 1280x1024. I had to make it that way to fit the stuff displayed. I'll work on changing it but it's a huge pain to recode the stuff to fit via modal child windows. The other tools have to work - as they fit within 1024x768. npceditor should be a moveable window so it should be ok.

GeorgeS

Old 08-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

you don't have to recode it , I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easy way to resize them that I was missing. I can use them like they are thanks.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 05:03 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

In case you did not see the post - the merchant editor also now supports the same import list functionality.

That adds much more usefulness to each tool, especially the D2 loot maker..

GeorgeS

Old 08-12-2007, 02:15 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Thanks much for this update George~ This tool will work wonders for my server, :]
Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Smile Great Tool! Question though....

I love the tool it really is a great tool and very nicely done. It is amazing what it can do. I realize people bug you and mention all types of things that they want but what I want as an option in the loot maker makes probably more sense than anything I have seen yet.....

If I check 100% of the mobs to get a 25% chance of dropping this is what happens:

(Of course you know this but I am saying it to compare what I really want it to do.)

Right now the loot maker will do this: Add a brand new loot drop ID to every single mob with a loot table. That means that each separate loot table will get a chance of dropping that ONE item. Now to be honest every time someone kills that same npc it is gonna drop from that one lootdrop which only contains one item......I want a real random loot system.... I want to be able to do this:

Pick 100% mobs to have a 25% chance of dropping from the SAME lootdrop ID AND have that lootdrop ID have a huge list of item ID's. That way the player will never know what is gonna drop. That to me is really what random loot is and is more like diablo IMO. I am not trying to be uncool I love the program you have made it is great!!!! Is it possible you can at some point make the program do what I asked? I took a look at the code myself and I am pretty pathetic. =D I sent you a message regarding this many months ago but never got a reply so I am posting this on the forum. Cheers!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:24 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'll consider this as an option somewhere on the program. I think you are right, but what I wanted was more people to comment on it first.

I'll work out the details for doing this this week and see what sort of changes this is going to create.

Later,
GeorgeS

Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I did not edit within the 5 min limited, so i'm adding this here -

As a simple workaround (sortof) just rerun the program using the same parameters and for every time you run the query, the NPC's (based on %) will have a random item added each time.

Later,
GeorgeS

Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default You heard him folks!!!

Let's make this happen!!! If you want this feature added please bug george S or post here!!!!

Also I know of this workaround, the issue is making it work right. In order to do it that way I have to click 100% mobs and make them drop it like 10% or less of the time. Even then let's say I do this 20 times. There is still the very rare chance of 3 items 5 items or all TEN ITEMS dropping at the same time! LOL!!! That's why I tried making the drop percentage even less but then you have to do it a LOT to get anything to drop! heh! (Also it takes a long time to click and add 20 loots on every mob. It took me like an hour or something of clicking haha)

If you do add this feature I would recommend this:

Either the program generates the lootdrop id and remembers the id it uses OR the user has a text box and can select the exact lootdrop ID to use and how many mobs get the lootdrop. Also the user should be able to pick how many items they would like to have on that lootdrop ID and should be able to have it use the filter options so they can have it only be certain hp items etc. So I could perhaps pick 100% of all mobs to have a 25% chance of dropping 1 (or have the user choose how many!) of 500 items in the lootdrop ID. Woot this is what I want I love you! LOL!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default Apologies about the double post but...

I wanted to mention that if you are looking at the code anyways sometimes the loot maker does add items that aren't really any good. It will add quest items that aren't even armor. Maybe a check can be add that the item contains certain stats every time? It honestly confuses me cause I can set it to add items that have at least 1 AC or something and it still can add quest items that aren't even equip able. I am not complaining in anyway... Like I said this program sure beats anything I could do and I give you kudos for making it. =D
Old 12-11-2007, 03:07 AM
rogue50
Fire Beetle

yeah, i like the idea of a totally random loot generator like the one diablo 2 uses
Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default Diablo Loot Modified

Sorry GeorgeS! I feel kinda guilty but I was really wanting this and I was messing around.....

I actually managed to do it. I added the random loot feature I described which can be enabled by clicking the check box.
I also added a few warning messages so you don't do major things by accident.
Also tried to slim the window down a little for people that work in a smaller windows resolution.
I hope you don't get mad at me. =(
I am gonna try to work out some more things down the road.
This mod works perfectly with my DB and I can remove the changes successfully. Please let me know if you have a problem with it anyone.
I do not have decent hosting so here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6fnb1tpbmvx
and click the download link in the yellow outlined box.

All credit for this program really belongs to GeorgeS. You rock man.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:42 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Looks good so far - you may have saved me quite some time . Anyway, there's the ocassional duplicate entry error when executing with the mods.

You're free to go to town and work on as much as you want, but please send me a pm for the source.

This is actually very good so far, and I am impressed man

GeorgeS

Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's one setback I saw, when I played a while back (may have been fixed?) - I noticed ubber items dropping for characters that were really intended for higher level characters.
Example; and Item has 30int, 30wis, 50manna on it and min level of 20 max level50- it will drop to a level 1 character, when it really should drop for a level 50 character.
Also, why not sort the items out to era? if an item drops in Gfay, it would be an item that belongs to that "Trilogy" era. It could even be narrowed down even more; assign them to their zone, so if you want a drop that belongs to Crushbone, you have to go to Crushbone to get it.
Just some ideas anyways