Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Item Editor Suggestion

Ok, so I have an idea for a large revamp on the single item edit portion of GeorgeS' Item Editor. I hope you don't have a problem with me making this suggestion. I think your tools are all amazing. I was trying to think of a way to improve the editing of single items, and this is what I came up with to replace the window that opens with you click the "Edit Item" button:

I know it would mean a complete rewrite of that part of the tool. And I am sure that would take a while. The way it works now is good, but I think it would be a bit better if it was setup where you could view all of the information on an item at once. The screen is very packed (I made this in photoshop quickly), but it gets all of the information in there. I think it would look much better if the fields were all aligned on the right side of each column. I also think that slightly changing the font color for each section would help with breaking it up a bit to be easier to read and find what you are looking for.

I did a complete organization of the item fields so that they are all grouped into sections relating together (as apposed to having them placed randomly).

Here is the organized list of every field in the Items table with notes:

Code:
Name - (Field Name) #Mousover Notes %%Pull Down Select Option    //If Name is the same as Field Name, then there are no Parenthesis

Item Name - (Name)

Item ID - (id) 	 

Item Lore - (lore) #Lore Description of the item	
Lore Group - (loregroup) #0 = not lore, -1 = lore, 1 = Epic Lore %%Dropdown to select: Lore, Not Lore, Epic Lore
Artifact - (artifactflag) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 		
No Drop - (nodrop) #0 = yes, 1 = no %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 	
No Rent - (norent) #255 = Rentable, 0 = No Rent %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 
Attuneable - (attuneable) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 
Magic - (magic) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 
Tradeskill Item - (tradeskills) #1 = Yes, 0 = No - Displays "This item is used in tradeskills" %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No 

Recommended Level - (reclevel) #0 for none
Recommended Skill - (recskill) #0 for none	
Required Level - (reqlevel) #0 for none

Classes - (classes) #0 - 16  %%Check Boxes to Select Classes - Optional "Select All" box	
Races - (races) %%Check Boxes to Select Races - Optional "Select All" box
Deity - (deity)	%%Check Boxes to Select Dieties - All Enabled By default (0)
Slots - (slots) %%Check Boxes to Select Slots

Armor Class - (ac) 

STR - (astr) #Strength, -127 - 127	
AGI - (aagi) #Agility, -127 - 127		
DEX - (adex) #Dexterity, -127 - 127	
STA - (asta) #Stamina, -127 - 127
INT - (aint) #Intelligence, -127 - 127
WIS - (awis) #Wisdom, -127 - 127
CHA - (acha) #Charisma, -127 - 127

Magic Resist - (mr) 
Fire Resist - (fr)
Cold Resist - (cr) 
Disease Resist - (dr) 
Poison Resist - (pr) 

Hit Points - (hp) 	
Hit Point Regen - (regen) 
Mana - (mana) 	
Mana Regen - (manaregen) 	
Endurance - (endur) 	
Endurance Regen - (enduranceregen) 	

Attack - (attack) 	
Haste - (haste) 
Damage Shield - (damageshield) 

Damage - (damage) 	
Delay - (delay) 
Range - (range) 	

Extra Skill Damage - (extradmgskill) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=SkillList	%%Dropdown to select Skill Type
Extra Damage Amount - (extradmgamt) 

Elemental Damage Type - (elemdmgtype) #0 = None, 1 = Magic, 2 = Fire, 3 = Cold, 4 = Poison, 5 = Disease %%Dropdown to select: None, Magic, Fire, Cold, Poison, Disease	
Elemental Damage Amount - (elemdmgamt) 	

Bane Damage Body Type - (banedmgbody) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=BodyTypList %%Dropdown to select Body Type 
Bane Damage Amount - (banedmgamt) 
Bane Damage Race - (banedmgrace) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=RaceLists %%Dropdown to select Race 		
Bane Damage Race Amount - (banedmgraceamt) 	

Skill Modifier Type - (skillmodtype) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=SkillList %%Dropdown to select Skill Type	
Skill Modifier Value - (skillmodvalue) 

Bard Skill Modifier Type - (bardtype) #12 = Brass Instruments, 41 = Sing, 49 = Stringed Instruments, 54 = Wind Instruments, 70 = Percussion Instruments %%Dropdown to select Bard Skill Type	
Bard Skill Modifier Value - (bardvalue) 

Accuracy - (accuracy) 
Avoidance - (avoidance) 	
DoT Shielding - (dotshielding) 	
Shielding - (shielding) 
Spell Shielding - (spellshield) 
Strikethrough - (strikethrough) 	
Stun Resistance - (stunresist) 
Combat Effects - (combateffects) 

Icon - (icon) #Blank Field with extra "..." button to possibly load GeorgeS Icon Viewer Tool	
ID File - (idfile) #Blank Field with extra "..." button to possibly load GeorgeS Encyclopedia
Item Class - (itemclass) #0 = Common, 1 = Container, 2 = Book	
Item Type - (itemtype) #List Found here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ItemIDReference
Material - (material) #Texture of Armor - 0 = Cloth, 1 = Leather, 2 = Chain, 3 = Plate, 10-16 = Robes, Max is 22
Color - (color) #Use the GeorgeS color Editor for this option	
Size - (size) #0 = Tiny, 1 = Small, 2 = Medium, 3 = Large, 4 = Giant, 5 = Giant too big for containers %%Dropdown to select: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Giant, Giant2
Weight - (weight) #10 per 1 stone in weight
Light - (light) 
Stackable - (stackable) #0 = No Stack, 1 = Stackable 
Stack Size - (stacksize) 
Price - (price) 
Sell Rate - (sellrate) 	

Augment Type - (augtype) #When making an augment this is the type it will fit into
Augment Distiller - (augdistiller) #If this item is an augment, this is the type of Distiller that will remove it from an item safely	
Augment Restrictions - (augrestrict)

augslot1type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold	
augslot1unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)	
augslot2type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold	
augslot2unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)	
augslot3type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold	
augslot3unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)	
augslot4type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold	
augslot4unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)	
augslot5type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold	
augslot5unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)		

Cast Time Displayed - (casttime) #in milliseconds	
Cast Time Used - (casttime_) #in milliseconds
Recast Delay - (recastdelay) #in seconds	
Recast Type - (recasttype) #-1 = None, 1 - 10 to set.  Sets a global timer for recasting items set to the same type
Maximum Charges - (maxcharges) #-1 for Unlimited

Click Effect - (clickeffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell	
Click Type - (clicktype) #1 = clickable from inventory, 4 = must equip, 5 = Rogue Poison	
Click Level - (clicklevel) #Minimum level to use the click cast	
Click Level2 - (clicklevel2) 

Proc Effect - (proceffect) #-1 for none	%%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell	
Proc Level - (proclevel) #Minimum level for the weapon to Proc
Proc Level2 - (proclevel2) #Level that the proc will reach maximum power. Useful for DD, DoT, Heal effects mostly
Proc Rate - (procrate) #Rate below or above the normal proc rate of a weapon - normal = 0, 50 = %150, -50 = %50
Proc Type - (proctype) 	 

Worn Effect - (worneffect) #-1 for none	%%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell	
Worn Effect Level - (wornlevel) #Minimum level for the Worn Effect to work	
Worn Effect Level2 - (wornlevel2) #Level the worn effect will reach maximum effect
Worn Type - (worntype) 	

Focus Effect - (focuseffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell		
Focus Effect Level - (focuslevel) #Minimum level for the Focus Effect to work	
Focus Level2 - (focuslevel2) #Level the focus effect will reach maximum effect.
Focus Type - (focustype) 

Spell Scroll Effect - (scrolleffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell	
Spell Scroll Type - (scrolltype) #If this item is a Spell Scroll, This is the Spell ID of the spell it should scribe.		
Scroll Level - (scrolllevel) #Minimum level to Scribe the Spell	
Scroll Level2 - (scrolllevel2) #Leave this at 0

Bag Size - (bagsize) #0 = TINY, 1 = SMALL, 2 = MEDIUM, 3 = LARGE, 4 = GIANT %%Dropdown to select: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Giant  	
Bag Slots - (bagslots) #Number of slots in the bag
Bag Type - (bagtype) #List can be found on this page: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuDBSchemaitems %%Dropdown to select Bag Type	
Bag Weight Reduction - (bagwr) 	

Book - (book) #0=Not Book, 1=Book %%Dropdown to select: Not Book, Book		
Book Type - (booktype) 	
Book Filename - (filename) #Corresponds to the "name" field in the books table

Charm File - (charmfile) 	
Charm File ID - (charmfileid) 

Firiona Vie No Drop - (fvnodrop) 

Item Source - (source) #Source of the item (Default "CUSTOM" for custom created items)		
Comment - (comment) #Optional item comment

----Everything Below this line was left out of the tool image.  You could probably add a button to open a window showing these misc fields------

minstatus 
ldonprice 	
ldontheme 	
ldonsold 
pointtype 	
nopet 	
favor 	
guildfavor 
benefitflag 
summonedflag 
questitemflag 	
pendingloreflag 
potionbelt 	
potionbeltslots 	
notransfer	
svcorruption 	
purity 	
evolvinglevel 
serialized 	
verified 	
serialization 	
updated 
lorefile 

Faction Modifier1 - (factionmod1) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod1 to be modified 	
Faction Modifier2 - (factionmod2) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod2 to be modified
Faction Modifier3 - (factionmod3) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod3 to be modified
Faction Modifier4 - (factionmod4) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod4 to be modified
Faction Amount1 - (factionamt1) #The faction which factionamt1 will modify	
Faction Amount2 - (factionamt2) #The faction which factionamt2 will modify	
Faction Amount3 - (factionamt3) #The faction which factionamt3 will modify	
Faction Amount4 - (factionamt4) #The faction which factionamt4 will modify	

clickunk5 	
clickunk6 	
clickunk7 
procunk1 	
procunk2 	
procunk3 	
procunk4 	
procunk6 	
procunk7 
wornunk1 	
wornunk2 	
wornunk3 	
wornunk4 	
wornunk5 	
wornunk6 	
wornunk7 
focusunk1 	
focusunk2 	
focusunk3 	
focusunk4 	
focusunk5 	
focusunk6 	
focusunk7 
scrollunk1 	
scrollunk2 	
scrollunk3 	
scrollunk4 	
scrollunk5 	
scrollunk6 	
scrollunk7 
augslot1unk2 	
augslot2unk2 	
augslot3unk2 	
augslot4unk2 	
augslot5unk2 
unknown002 	
unknown003 	
unknown005 	
unknown007 	
unknown018 	
unknown019 	
unknown020
unknown061 
unknown067 	
unknown069
unknown081 	
unknown105 
unknown122 	
unknown123 	
unknown124
unknown128 
unknown133 	
UNK012 	
UNK013 		
UNK054 	
UNK059 	
UNK061 	
UNK123 	
UNK124 	
UNK127 	
UNK134 	
UNK137 
UNK142
UNK147 	
UNK152 
UNK157 	
UNK033 
UNK014 	
UNK038 	
UNK060 
UNK098 	
UNK109 	
UNK120 	
UNK121 
UNK131 	
UNK132 
UNK193 
UNK129
Also note that I wanted to have Deities listed on the main page, but I ran out of room. They are used rarely enough that they could probably go on the Misc page/window.

Let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions on this. Or, if this is something that you don't want to do for the tool. I understand that this would be a fairly major undertaking, and wouldn't blame you. Like I said, your tool is already great as it is.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 AM
moydock
Discordant

This would be pretty cool. I think you could get rid of some of the less used ones though to get rid of the clutter.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well if plan to have everything on one page, don't forget haste and deities. (you could have TABS on the top and swith betwen section which would hold related things)

also, if George goes along with this I would STRONGLY recomend that he does not scrap the current editor view, but rather have an "alternative view" button, so people can swith to which ever form is easier for them to work with
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 AM
trevius
Developer

Haste is already on there and I already made a note about deities not being on the main screen.

I do think it would be nice if there was a way to separate some of the sections without making it require too many clicks. The idea is to minimize having to scroll around, open other windows, and the least clicks possible to make changing items as quick as possible.

Most of the fields that are rarely (or never) used could get moved to another page. But, it would be nice to have as many as possible all in 1 screen.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Wow - I must have missed this post. That's a pretty neat way of showing all the necessary fields!

I can do that in an upcomming version, but I will keep the current single edit one alive for now.

You'de be amazed how many bugs I can introduce with fast changes.
I'll see what I can do.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

aya, if you do this- do not scrap the current view - simply make a DIFFIRENT layout button to open alternative window so we chose between the layouts
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 AM
trevius
Developer

I briefly mentioned it in the first post, but I wanted to note again that it might be easier to read if the text was colored slightly different for each section (all light so they are easy to read still). Most of the rows contain more than 1 "section" in them, so I figured I would break them down the way I imagine they should be here. Probably the best way to do this would be to alternate between 2 colors back and forth. Maybe white and a light grey or something east to read on your background.

Here is what it might look like:

Code:
Row 1:

Name
Item Name
Item ID
Item Lore	
Lore Group
Artifact		
No Drop
No Rent
Attuneable
Magic
Tradeskill Item
Recommended Level
Recommended Skill	
Required Level
Classes	
Races
Deity
Slots
Armor Class
STR	
AGI		
DEX
STA
INT
WIS
CHA
Magic Resist
Fire Resist
Cold Resist
Disease Resist
Poison Resist

Row 2:

Hit Points	
Hit Point Regen
Mana
Mana Regen
Endurance
Endurance Regen
Attack	
Haste
Damage Shield
Damage	
Delay
Range	
Extra Skill Damage
Extra Damage Amount
Elemental Damage Type
Elemental Damage Amount	
Bane Damage Body Type
Bane Damage Amount
Bane Damage Race 		
Bane Damage Race Amount
Skill Modifier Type
Skill Modifier Value
Bard Skill Modifier Type	
Bard Skill Modifier Value

Row 3:

Icon
ID File
Item Class
Item Type
Material
Color
Size
Weight
Light
Stackable
Stack Size
Price
Sell Rate
Bag Size
Bag Slots
Bag Type
Bag Weight Reduction
Book
Book Type
Book Filename
Charm File
Charm File ID
Firiona Vie No Drop
Item Source
Comment

Row 4:	

Cast Time Displayed	
Cast Time Used
Recast Delay	
Recast Type
Maximum Charges
Click Effect
Click Type
Click Level
Click Level2
Proc Effect	
Proc Level
Proc Level2
Proc Rate
Proc Type
Worn Effect	
Worn Effect Level
Worn Effect Level2
Worn Type
Focus Effect
Focus Effect Level
Focus Level2
Focus Type
Spell Scroll Effect	
Spell Scroll Type
Scroll Level
Scroll Level2

Row 5:

Augment Type
Augment Distiller
Augment Restrictions
augslot1type
augslot1unk
augslot2type
augslot2unk
augslot3type
augslot3unk
augslot4type
augslot4unk
augslot5type
augslot5unk

Row 6:

Accuracy
Avoidance
DoT Shielding
Shielding
Spell Shielding
Strikethrough	
Stun Resistance
Combat Effects
You could add other color variations in there too if you wanted to make certain things stand out even more. I think breaking it up by color will make reading it faster, which should make changing it faster.

Also, instead of making another window with all of the misc ones that won't fit on the main page, you could just leave your horizontal scroll bar in there like you have on the normal window in the current editor. The one that has all of the fields listed in it.

Thanks for checking this out and huge thanks for deciding to give it a try! I know you already have a ton of work on your plate and you already do so much for this community. I imagine that getting this working will be a fair amount of work, and I feel bad even asking it of you, but I really do think it will help out the tool's usefulness considerably. Some of the server ops I know still use old tools for item editing even though they use yours for everything else. Hopefully this will make a few people who are reluctant to switch over more willing to give it another shot. I am excited about the changes you have done lately and about this one getting done. I know this will make the it much easier for me to make the custom items I am planning to start working on soon.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 AM
trevius
Developer

I briefly mentioned it in the first post, but I wanted to note again that it might be easier to read if the text was colored slightly different for each section (all light so they are easy to read still). Most of the rows contain more than 1 "section" in them, so I figured I would break them down the way I imagine they should be here. Probably the best way to do this would be to alternate between 2 colors back and forth. Maybe MediumTurquoise and a light grey or something east to read on your background.

Here is what it might look like:

Code:
Row 1:

Name
Item Name
Item ID
Item Lore	
Lore Group
Artifact		
No Drop
No Rent
Attuneable
Magic
Tradeskill Item
Recommended Level
Recommended Skill	
Required Level
Classes	
Races
Deity
Slots
Armor Class
STR	
AGI		
DEX
STA
INT
WIS
CHA
Magic Resist
Fire Resist
Cold Resist
Disease Resist
Poison Resist

Row 2:

Hit Points	
Hit Point Regen
Mana
Mana Regen
Endurance
Endurance Regen
Attack	
Haste
Damage Shield
Damage	
Delay
Range	
Extra Skill Damage
Extra Damage Amount
Elemental Damage Type
Elemental Damage Amount	
Bane Damage Body Type
Bane Damage Amount
Bane Damage Race 		
Bane Damage Race Amount
Skill Modifier Type
Skill Modifier Value
Bard Skill Modifier Type	
Bard Skill Modifier Value

Row 3:

Icon
ID File
Item Class
Item Type
Material
Color
Size
Weight
Light
Stackable
Stack Size
Price
Sell Rate
Bag Size
Bag Slots
Bag Type
Bag Weight Reduction
Book
Book Type
Book Filename
Charm File
Charm File ID
Firiona Vie No Drop
Item Source
Comment

Row 4:	

Cast Time Displayed	
Cast Time Used
Recast Delay	
Recast Type
Maximum Charges
Click Effect
Click Type
Click Level
Click Level2
Proc Effect	
Proc Level
Proc Level2
Proc Rate
Proc Type
Worn Effect	
Worn Effect Level
Worn Effect Level2
Worn Type
Focus Effect
Focus Effect Level
Focus Level2
Focus Type
Spell Scroll Effect	
Spell Scroll Type
Scroll Level
Scroll Level2

Row 5:

Augment Type
Augment Distiller
Augment Restrictions
augslot1type
augslot1unk
augslot2type
augslot2unk
augslot3type
augslot3unk
augslot4type
augslot4unk
augslot5type
augslot5unk

Row 6:

Accuracy
Avoidance
DoT Shielding
Shielding
Spell Shielding
Strikethrough	
Stun Resistance
Combat Effects
You could add other color variations in there too if you wanted to make certain things stand out even more. I think breaking it up by color will make reading it faster, which should make changing it faster.

Also, instead of making another window with all of the misc ones that won't fit on the main page, you could just leave your horizontal scroll bar in there like you have on the normal window in the current editor. The one that has all of the fields listed in it.

Thanks for checking this out and huge thanks for deciding to give it a try! I know you already have a ton of work on your plate and you already do so much for this community. I imagine that getting this working will be a fair amount of work, and I feel bad even asking it of you, but I really do think it will help out the tool's usefulness considerably. Some of the server ops I know still use old tools for item editing even though they use yours for everything else. Hopefully this will make a few people who are reluctant to switch over more willing to give it another shot. I am excited about the changes you have done lately and about this one getting done. I know this will make the it much easier for me to make the custom items I am planning to start working on soon.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Alot of space can be saved by using a CheckedListBox
all the classes can be put in one, races in another, deities in another, and actually alot of the YES/NO options can be contained in another.

just my $0.02
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

The CheckedListBox can also be expanded on enter, and shrunk on leave so that it has more viewable area when it's being used - making it less of a pain to view a large list.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'm working on a class which does the expand contract stuff - but thanks for the code in the pm.

So far I've managed to place all the fields on a 1024x768 form, and am now working on making it actually work.

GeorgeS

Old 06-28-2008, 01:40 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Just an update - the new edit item form is 1/2 done. It reads all item data, and displays the info like trevius' form above. The only thing left is to be able to write the data back to the database.

GeorgeS

Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I managed to complete about 1/2 of the program edit. So far it will read the items, but save is not begun. So far about 16 hours in and 1/2 way done..

The new edit button is "new edit".

There are likely many issues still with this - and when you consider the complexity of this, I will be spending some time on fixing things.

The latest version has this included.
GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 06-29-2008 at 02:29 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
trevius
Developer

Wow, I knew this would take a while to do, and sorry about the extra work lol. But, HOLY COW THAT LOOKS AWESOME! I will start testing this immediately!

Thanks a million, GeorgeS!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Impressive