Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default NPC & Loot Editor revision

NPC and Loot Editor
08.24.00 - Large update. Changed color scheme and now several buttons added for interactive editing. Many many enhancements...

As the description states, a pretty large update. The color scheme should make it easier to read and edit for most of the utilities.

Many utilities are now enhanced with search/filter capability. Makes it easy to search for a particular spell list or searching for a particular race

Another interactive enhancement added is when you click on say a NPC and in particular a field called class, then a colored button will appear (adjacent to where coin is shown), and if you click it, a class reference sheet loads.
Fields which have interactivity are
Class,level,race,merchant, pri/sec weapons, npc_spells_id, or any field where a colored button shows.

I will add more in time.

Various people asked for some of these, and more, and I think I covered most of the requests.

Also, I'm not sure people are familiar with a particular feature of the integrated merchant editor. You have the ability to find merchants who sell a particular item, and if you want, remove it from all merchants that sell it. You can randomly assign items or from a list to a select set of merchants.

The coin redistribution tool basically changes the amount of coin dropped PER ZONE by a multiplier. Say you want to double the coin - then you would use a 2 multiplier. It works per zone and not per selected npc.

Some of the menu items were reorganised, but they are still all there FYI.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Wow, those are some nice additions. I just started working with the new features and I am already spoiled. Thanks for the update!

Oh quick question....Are you planning to make a similar pop up list for bodytype in a future revision?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:03 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Yes, I'm adding support for as many fields as possible. In the current version as of this am, bodytypes and others are supported. The field under name will load a NPC name generator.

George

Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Hmm
Discordant

My only suggestion is to make windows resizable. Your programs is fairly small in my windows. My resolution is fairly large.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

hey george, is there any plan on updating the race list in your editor?
Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Sure - I can update it if you can send a list of the recent ones.
I probably have an older Ti version..

Then probably need to extract the model graphic once I get the list.

GeorgeS

Old 11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Alright, ill look in to doing that, Im thinking about making a database of models and putting em a really simple VB program that has the model, textures, sex needed like 0 1 2 and the lines youd need to put them in your global load
Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Is there an auto way of linking the model with the race, or does it have to be done by hand?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks, got them in the program. The next problem is getting the pictures from the spawns. Anyone know how to do this easily?
I just need the pictures from screen captures, but the spawns are not global and there has to be an easier way.

Astral, if you can help getting the latest ones #474 onward?

GeorgeS

Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I have another request if it is possible and if you find the time to check into it. The request is to add a way to edit multiple spawngroups at once. What I am looking for is to use the spawngroup editor to search for all spawngroups for a single NPCID (which the tool already does). Then, to be able to add another NPCID to all of those spawngroups all at once. So, say the NPC I am looking up is a_bear, and I find that it has 10 spawngroups in the zone. Then, I want to add a_snake to all of those 10 spawngroups at once. Assuming a_bear was the only thing in the existing spawngroups, it would then just add a_snake to all of them and maybe allow setting a chance for the new a_snake to be added in with. If I set a_snake to be added with a 40% chance, it would adjust all of a_bear chances to 60%. If there are more than just a_bear in the original spawngroup, it would adjust all of the existing spawns to equal 60% chance total (by scaling each existing one down proportionately) and then add a_snake in at 40% chance still.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing the way I phrased it lol. Basically, I am just looking for a quick easy way to add more variety to spawns in the new packet collected SoF+ zones. I think all of them currently only have single NPCs in their spawn groups and it would be nice to just be able to go through trash spawns in a zone and pop them into other's spawn groups really quickly like that.

Another thing that would be really nice in relation to spawns is being able to adjust respawntime quickly. Adding a box to the spawn editor that allows it to adjust all respawntimes for the currently displayed list of spawngroups would be great. Another possibly better solution would be to add respawntime as a field directly in the NPC Loot Editor display with the rest of the NPC stats. So, you could then edit respawn time for all a_bat in a zone with a single entry, or could even adjust them all for the whole zone at once with the propagation or add/sub/mult/div tool. I am sure that would be a bit more complicated, as if there is variety in respawntime for a single NPCID at multiple spawn2's it might be hard to know what to display. Though, I think in most cases, it would work out pretty simply. I am guessing that might cause the window to display info slower, as it would require quite a few more queries and maybe some extra logic (to figure out which respawntime to display if multiple).

These 2 requests aren't in major need, but just some ideas I think would help out a bit to speed things up when needed. As always, thanks for all you do!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Hi Trevius,

I think it is not a problem for the first request, adding spawns to multiple existing spawngroups.

For the second request, that is something I need to think over - how best to approach that. In any event, the first one should not be a huge task, and the supporting code is mostly there for this.
I'll code something up and see how it works..

GeorgeS

Old 01-03-2011, 04:11 AM
trevius
Developer

Sounds good. The first request was the main one. It isn't overly hard to adjust a zone with queries in most cases.

I was thinking a bit more about it and some ideas for loading respawn time into the main display are:

1. If there are varying respawn times with the same NPCID, you could just have it display something like 0 or -1 signifying that it varies.

2. To prevent extra load that may not be needed 99% of the time, you could have a checkbox or button to enable/disable the queries for respawntime to display, otherwise they are left blank.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 AM
trevius
Developer

Not sure when this started, but I just noticed that in the version I am running of the NPC Loot Editor, and on Rev 1824 of the source, it seems something is wrong. When an NPC has a loot table, it shows in the correct column of the editor, but I don't see the loot table details at the top when the NPC is selected. I noticed if I click in that field, it says that they are "A Merchant!" at the top of the editor. Since the merchant_id field is to the right of loottable_id, I tried moving the loottable_id field to the mana_regen field to its left. After moving it, I could then see the loot table in the editor.

It seems that the fields all show correctly, but that the loot table display is linked to the wrong field in the list. The version of the editor shows 08.24.12.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:11 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The same loottable issue is happening to me as well. The last time it worked correctly for me was when I was using base db rev1667 updated to 1753 with emu rev1753. It stopped working correctly after I changed the base db revision to 1751 then updated to database rev1753 using emu rev1753.