Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Not sure when this started, but I just noticed that in the version I am running of the NPC Loot Editor, and on Rev 1824 of the source, it seems something is wrong. When an NPC has a loot table, it shows in the correct column of the editor, but I don't see the loot table details at the top when the NPC is selected. I noticed if I click in that field, it says that they are "A Merchant!" at the top of the editor. Since the merchant_id field is to the right of loottable_id, I tried moving the loottable_id field to the mana_regen field to its left. After moving it, I could then see the loot table in the editor.

It seems that the fields all show correctly, but that the loot table display is linked to the wrong field in the list. The version of the editor shows 08.24.12.
I've had the same problem, I thought it was the dB until I actually dug deeper via the table entries. So that makes three, I think it started at 1751, I updated my dB with the latest peqdB rev.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Definitely sounds like a schema issue- a shift in the field order most likely. I'll need to download and update to this db version to check the issue.

I'm working on this tonight, and I'll report when I discover the fix

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, discovered the problem, and it's easy to fix (short term), however whenever a schema change occurs, this will always break the tool. I have decided to rewrite the core schema decoding code to accept new schemas, but will take a few days to re-write. It's a big task, but should be better in the long run.

GeorgeS

Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Thanks George!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I fixed the schema issue, and the program now checks database builds against itself, and won't run when a table issue is encountered.

I'm working on the spawngroup editor now - adding npc's to multiple groups at once, etc..and other features.

A build should be available saturday.

..I did notice quite a few field changes in the latest db build. Stuff like this will break every tool out there.

GeorgeS

Old 01-20-2011, 03:11 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Mass editing and pruning of npc's in selected spawngroups now works!

What it can do?

You can search for all "bats" in zone=commons and then add/remove a npc of your choice.
You can search for all "bats" by either the word "bat" or a specific npc ID within a zone or global (all zones in game) and then add/remove a npc of your choice to the entire spawngroup set.

for example, If you create a high ranking "orc", you are able to add it to all selected spawngroups at one shot where npc name="orc" in the spawnentry table.

This is a feature Trevius requested, and I am working on the rest of the feature list now

GeorgeS

Quote:
I have another request if it is possible and if you find the time to check into it. The request is to add a way to edit multiple spawngroups at once. What I am looking for is to use the spawngroup editor to search for all spawngroups for a single NPCID (which the tool already does). Then, to be able to add another NPCID to all of those spawngroups all at once. So, say the NPC I am looking up is a_bear, and I find that it has 10 spawngroups in the zone. Then, I want to add a_snake to all of those 10 spawngroups at once. Assuming a_bear was the only thing in the existing spawngroups, it would then just add a_snake to all of them and maybe allow setting a chance for the new a_snake to be added in with. If I set a_snake to be added with a 40% chance, it would adjust all of a_bear chances to 60%. If there are more than just a_bear in the original spawngroup, it would adjust all of the existing spawns to equal 60% chance total (by scaling each existing one down proportionately) and then add a_snake in at 40% chance still.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

NPC and Loot Editor
08.25.01 - Adding/Removing of NPC's to all selected spawngroups is added. Resetting respawntime to selected spawngroups is also added. Look in spawngroup editor under tools

Should be live in about 10 minutes

GeorgeS

..also built in is the new schema checker on the splash screen. If your npc_types table is different from what the program expects, it will not run.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Thanks for updating the tool. Encountered a bit of a problem though....program initially launches ok but when I click get started I get an error.

Code:
Run-time error '62':

Input past end of file
I did run the register.ocx again. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Diikiey
Fire Beetle

Getting the same input past end of file error 62 here as well
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Sorry for the problem. I'm uploading the zip again. Anyway it should be live in a few minutes.

GeorgeS

Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

It is working great now. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Awesome Tools !!

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome tools. I've been using the npc
editor for awhile now, and just tried out the spell import/export tool.
I have all spells in my DB up to HoT now thanks to that tool
And most of all it gave me some older missing spells, (such as Temerity).
Thank You.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
trevius
Developer

Very awesome, GeorgeS! I love that we can now see all NPC fields

I will test out the new stuff and let you know if I see any issues or think of anything else. very nice update so far, though!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Kayen
Developer

If I run this on Vista/Windows7 I get the initial graphic with the start option, but it does not allow me click start, nor does it give any errors.

Previous version worked fine...

Any ideas?

Kayen
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
If I run this on Vista/Windows7 I get the initial graphic with the start option, but it does not allow me click start, nor does it give any errors.

Previous version worked fine...
I have the same issue. I'm going to guess it doesn't recognize my database schema although it is 1751 as far as I can tell.

Here's a screen shot of the splash screen. If this is a case of unrecognized database it would be nice if there was an easier way to quit than killing the process manually.