Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Default Windows Server Setup Guide, 64bit

I'm looking at this guide: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rverSetupGuide

I am interested in setting up a server to play offline (I work in a remote area and get internet 1-2 hours once or twice per week). I run a 64 bit windows 7. Can I still run the 32 bit server and play in it?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Yes, you can run it using 32bit apps.
You could also run 64bit but its not really worth it and can be a pita esp if you only have net for limited periods of time.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Make sure you select the login server in the cmake section so you can authenticate locally
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

@Sorvani: was that in my Cmake install? If so, I already did a default install, which is probably a mistake? Can I uninstall/reinstall just Cmake, or do I need to restart the whole process? Hmmm, looked at my install, that seems wrong. Going to try it in the next Cmake section.
"Use CMake to build the required Visual Studio Solution and Project files"

In the CMake section I see "EQEMU_BUILD_LOGIN". It's ticked off. I tick on, and hit generate/configure again. I'm hoping this is what I'm supposed to do.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

The guide wrote:
Quote:
========== Build: 9 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
My copy of Visual Studio wrote:
Quote:
========== Build: 10 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
I imagine that I did something hideously wrong at this point.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Also, how fatal is it if the maps thing gets interrupted? My download times are limited chunks...and how big is the whole maps thing? I'm at 50mbs...is it 1 gig? 10gigs? 100 gigs?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

1.89 GB (2,030,268,416 bytes) for maps, then whatever for svn data.

I had issues with broken downloads at one point. It said something about the repository being locked.

I believe what I did was to select 'Clean up' from the TortoiseSVN sub-menu..let it do its thing..then update again.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Yep, the locked + cleanup thing happened for me, too.

Just looking for some clarification if the 10 successes rather than 9 means I did something wrong, and if I got the right thing in the CMake install at the moment, but I'm sure given my competence level, I'll have more trouble as I go on :P
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Derision
Developer

You got 10 instead of 9 because you told CMake to build the login server.

The guide assumes you are going to be using the EQEmu Public login server because that is the easiest way to get started. There are some more steps required for setting up your own private login server, which are not covered by that guide.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I don't think I can use the public EQEmu server while Offline?

Is there a guide that is equally awesome and useful for someone marginally competent like myself for setting up my own private login server?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
KLS
Administrator

under loginserver/login_util there are the opcode.confs, login.ini, and EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql for installing the login server.

I don't think anyone has written a guide for that per se but if you can understand all of those files it's enough to get off the ground. Otherwise we're always answering questions.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

This guide explained it enough for me to figure it out. It's pretty much source the install sql, edit as necessary to for accounts and such, put 127.0.0.1 in all the right places in the config file, and be happy.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31783
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeren View Post
Also, how fatal is it if the maps thing gets interrupted? My download times are limited chunks...and how big is the whole maps thing? I'm at 50mbs...is it 1 gig? 10gigs? 100 gigs?
Assuming you click the stop or cancel button in Tortoise, next time you get online to do it it will pick up on the next file.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Maps thing seems to be working with interrupts, but given my limited times, this will be the major slowdown for the moment. I'll read the thread you linked Lerxst, thank you.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

If you really really wanted to use the eqemulogin you could. Have to make a few small changes in the source and there really is zero documentation about it.
Just dont use it.