Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

PEQ wouldn't help you anyway, we don't host these files either
Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

If you want to wait until this evening I can put a gzipped version of mine. I fixed most of the errors for the one that was available and added a couple of things but it works pretty well.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

thanx andrew, I would appreciate that.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Check the downloads section of the SVN
Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

thankx again andrew, gonna check it out now.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Fritzism
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowglass View Post
I am thinking about reviving my 'Zam clone, called "Alkabor's Almanac" because a friend of mine has restarted a EQEmu server. However I am not sure weather to do this as a personal project just for those who play on his server or a general project. I have released previous versions of this web server, but had no interest.

So to save my self the hassle I will initially be developing it just for the small group of us.

However if enough people are interested then I will put the work into productising it and release it.

A publicly viewable version is available at http://www.slowglass.com/Alkabor/

Slowglass
Wow nice! I would love to use that for my server, please do consider releasing it.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 PM
j0kie_smurf
Fire Beetle

http://www.visualwin.com/ shows you how to set up php, perl, and many other things as well, including mysql. There is a graphical walk through for IIS under windows server 2003 also. A handy page for beginners with screenshots. I hope this helps people out.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I am really getting into modifying mine. I have mine modified to show our bots and the bot inventory now. One thing I have been working on and is taking forever is getting the NPC jpeg's in there. Has anyone done this already ? I would hate to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Basically the program looks for a jpg with the item id of the mob. I am slowly doing this but there is a hell of a lot of mobs in the game. Anyone got there zipped up ?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
orkim
Sarnak

What happened to this project? There's mention of a sourceforge desired. Did one ever get set up? Or could a google code repo be set up? I wouldn't mind helping out on this either, but the few and far between releases makes it a bit more difficult to follow and/or hand off to new developers.

Just figured I'd poke my head in and see if there was interest in it still. I suppose I could try to open a google code repo if everyone has quit on this. It seems a shame to do my own modifications and not share them back.

-ork
Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

It's in the downloads section of the projecteqemu svn. We could put it in the tools svn and let folks contribute. Let me see if I can get it set up in the next couple of days.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
orkim
Sarnak

I'd be up for helping. Maybe in SVN under utils/eqbrowser/ or something would work well. I would think we need to add some of the GPL licensing text since we got a go-ahead from muuss to do so. I'd suggest we keep it generic, but feature complete, to the trunk eqemu code base. That way people should have a really great starting point if they start heavily modifying their server. What does it take to get svn commit access?

-ork
Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I am really getting into modifying mine. I have mine modified to show our bots and the bot inventory now. One thing I have been working on and is taking forever is getting the NPC jpeg's in there. Has anyone done this already ? I would hate to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Basically the program looks for a jpg with the item id of the mob. I am slowly doing this but there is a hell of a lot of mobs in the game. Anyone got there zipped up ?
Actually I have been doing that.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

I have been messing around with a minilogin server and raiding with 71 bots, doing VT non-stop (thanks truncate table respawn_times!) to gear up the bots to take on the POP encounters. However managing gear has become quite the chore using the ingame commands. I thought maybe someone had created a bot plugin for magelo but I couldnt find one...so yesterday I threw one together.

Now a disclaimer...this is nothing more than a redunkulous fast hack of the already existing, amazing magelo clone re-write by the mq team. I didnt want to touch any of their files so this could truly bolt on to anyone's server that used stock PEQ database. You should update their files to create the proper links if you want this to flow on your site, but it works without changing anything...it just can't be accessed directly from the UI. This may also be a fail for public servers that care about permissions and who can see what in their profiles. I do not worry about this since I run minilogin so adjustments may be necessary to follow the rules. This is strictly a "function trumps form" release.

I will mainly use this to manage gear and focus effects, so I did not add in bot AAs to stats. I am not even sure stats calculate correctly, however I trust they do since I use the stat and item classes from the existing code.

Extract this file into your magelo root folder.

Usage is:

http://localhost/magelo/botList.php?char=Govtcheeze

Clicking on "Bot Name" or "Class" will sort by that heading. No filtering.

Let me know if you have any questions / comments / issues.

http://207.56.82.187/eqemu/magelo.zip

Edit: I will be attempting to build a SOD item examine window to replace the "classic" examine window the current magelo clone uses.

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

One thing I overlooked was bots with the same name...it now checks for owner ID as well as bot name. If anyone happened to grab the version before this post, grab the new file. I didnt find any other issues with it...so far

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtcheeze View Post
One thing I overlooked was bots with the same name...it now checks for owner ID as well as bot name. If anyone happened to grab the version before this post, grab the new file. I didnt find any other issues with it...so far
I added your additions, pretty cool. I had to edit the original menu and add a button to link your stuff in. Pretty cool when I was done though. Now I need to do some modding to the Alla clone, I have plenty of errors from where the DB changed a while back.