Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
TheLieka
Developer

I'm neither pissed off. upset, nor anywhere near quitting. I'm just trying to figure out if this Fault guy is actually asking questions because he's interested or trying to discredit the submission. If he's trying genuinely interested, then I want to help him, but if he's trying to be a dick, then I can save myself a lot of time and effort from trying to explain the code and just ignore him.

That's all I was trying to say. If my post came across pissy, burnt out, jaded, or whiny, then I apologize, as that wasn't the intent. My sleep deprivation has a tendency to firewall my etiquette.

<3,
Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
fault
Hill Giant

Actually I am getting irritated as it appears you are not correctly reading any of the posts. I clearly stated it is a good idea but have reservations on some issues, which I pointed out. You have repeatidly dismissed the Call of the hero Bug which is what I am trying to get you to realize will and does trigger the anti-cheat code.

the Spell ITSSELF does not trigger, the zoning AFTER the spell being cast on you does, the fact that you are dissmissing it has me concerned greatly, as this Is a critical bug in the code which it appears noone has been able to fix yet. I really Hate to see users falsly accused and banned from servers because they were cohed, then zoned then triggered the anti-cheat because the center of a zone is not defined anywhere.

Bug of COH was posted here: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4535

I keep saying great code, but get it somewhat stable/bug free before committing it, in my opinion if it detects the coh bug as a MQ2 hack then it isnt stable/bugfree and will cause more grief then good.

If you feel that you are being attacked or disrepected then like I said I am sorry ,this isnt about disrespect or being rude. It is an attempt to make sure and get a exception for a known bug untill such time the known bug is fixed core side.

AGAIn this isnt any type of *your code sucks dont use it post* this is a *Code is good however this bug will and does trigger the anti-cheat and shoul dbe looked at post*
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
TheLieka
Developer

After your post this morning about the CoH bug, I found it on the PEQ forums and tested it before I posted. From my tests, yes the CoH bug moves you to the safe spot after zoning, as described in the bug, but it does not trigger any of the hack detectors, as I said before.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
fault
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka View Post
After your post this morning about the CoH bug, I found it on the PEQ forums and tested it before I posted. From my tests, yes the CoH bug moves you to the safe spot after zoning, as described in the bug, but it does not trigger any of the hack detectors, as I said before.

Dax

sweetdeal. Now I support it fully. keep up the good work
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 AM
TheLieka
Developer

There. Now we can be friends again.

<3,
Dax

Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Quote:
fault: What makes a man like Dax, Angelox? What makes him do the things he does?
Angelox: A man like Dax has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never code enough, or debug enough, or compile enough to ever fill it.
fault: What does he need?
Angelox: Revenge.
fault: For what?
Angelox: Bein' born.
Heh. Such a great movie.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Hahaha, well played.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 PM
jenco420
Banned

any idea if this is going to official code or not ? =)
Old 04-20-2008, 03:44 AM
gernblan
Discordant

The key to something like this is not necessarily to autopunish for it, but simply to LOG it... so that the serverops can use it to decide whether they were cheating or not.

The fact is, no code like this will be perfect. Someone will figure out how to work around it--especially since it's open source. Then where would we be, artificially trusting code that is no longer doing what is intended?

I think, again, logging things that appear strange is the answer. Then ops can look for patterns and decide what, if any, actions to take that way.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast

Last edited by gernblan; 04-20-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Old 04-20-2008, 04:01 AM
TheLieka
Developer

That's essentially the aim on the latest submission build. By default it's disabled via the rules system, then if a ServerOp chooses to enable it, the ServerOp can choose to enable any parts of it that he wants.

Here are the new rules with it (the last 3 rules address your concerns):

Code:
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpExemptStatus', 50);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQZoneExemptStatus', 50);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGateExemptStatus', 50);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGhostExemptStatus', 50);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQWarpDetector', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQZoneDetector', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQGateDetector', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQGhostDetector', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpSpeedLimit', 30);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpDetectionSpellID', 757);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGateDetectionSpellID', 757);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQZoneDetectionSpellID', 757);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGhostDetectionSpellID', 757);
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQDetectorDisablePenalties', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQDetectorDisableBroadcast', 'false');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQDetectorDisableSQLLogging', 'false');

Old 04-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I have a new problem, not sure where it's coming from; when i zone from Tox to Kerraridge, i get caught in a zoneing loop, where it repeats zoning tell I kill the client (never gets to Kerra) - Kerra to Tox works fine.
Last thing I did was add this code so I'm wondering if it might be related (all worked ok before code).
Also another question (probably a dumbass one); NPC zoners do not get affected by this code (Translocators)?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

It's because the coords in zone_points for that zone line are 0. About 750 zone points are like this in PEQ... The problem is this issue occurs even if the system is disabled :( TheLieka goes into more detail of this in another post.

As for your other question, I have not been able to get quest teleportation to trigger this at all, so it appears to work correctly.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 AM
TheLieka
Developer

If you source in the zone_points that I included with the code submission (on the first page), it will fix the problem for old world zones - beyond that, we don't have a list of them yet.

Dax

Old 04-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks for the help, i should have read that already.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka View Post
SQL Step 1: Wipe your old world zone lines (I'm assuming that we're all based off of PEQ originally (mine is based from Angelox, but originally still it was PEQ)).
Actually , it was originally Cavedudes EQ - then PEQ leached off EQ, I Leached off PEQ, and finally you leached from mine.
EQ, PEQ, AX_PEQ are all public property though.
Actually I leached off both PEQ and EQ because at the time, PEQ had cut out a lot of the higher zone/expansions, when they started the PEQ DB.