Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:07 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Unless you do the same test with RoF2, your results are meaningless and everything said up to this point is still valid. Maybe Huppy will repeat the test for you.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:24 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I'm not concerned about RoF2. I use Titanium.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:29 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

We are well aware of that. Everyone has been making the point that the different clients display and act differently. With that, some clients can not be corrected. So until we see the same test done with RoF2, we can not say for sure what the problem may be. If it is a client issue, then you will have to live with it or try and code corrections for the client, if it is even possible.

In short, more data is needed.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Uleat
Developer

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...e/exp.cpp#L143

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-13-2019, 08:13 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

My results were not meaningless Jaspen. My results show different results than what Huppy was able to find. In his version of the Titanium test, he shows green cons giving no experience. In my version of the Titanium test, I show the highest level green con giving experience.

Thanks for posting the source Uleat. I didn't compile my server from the source, but it's interesting to see how it's laid out. Looks like it's purely based on color of the con, not on any specific level of the NPC, which is what I was hoping to find.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:57 AM
jaspen
Hill Giant

While your data was not meaningless it was inconclusive. Your results showed differently than Huppy's because you used a completely different variable, level 50 versus level 25. Had you tested using a level 25 PC and got different results, then yes, that would had been enlightening because it was directly comparable. The con range changes as you level, so one would expect, given the situation with the clients, the potential for a change in exp behavior between the cons.

The point of my last post was about proper testing, troubleshooting and comparing of data. It is a discipline. Not being thorough can cause one to easily draw the wrong conclusions and those lead to all sorts of headaches.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:55 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I re-did the test with a level 25 player character under the same conditions as Huppy did in his test and I got the same results as Huppy on the Titanium client. I don't have RoF so I cannot test that.

Looks like it's the con range changing as a player gains more levels (as you pointed out). Very odd indeed that it's not consistent throughout level 1-60. Is this something source code related or something I could alter from the database?
Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 AM
jaspen
Hill Giant

It changing as you level is normal. You get a larger range as you gain levels. At level 5 your con range will be very small. On top of that, each client has its own range compared to each other, which you are now seeing.

The con that the client shows is probably hard coded in the client. The oddities you have seen, like some greens giving exp and others not, is probably due to a conflict of what the client thinks and what the server is trying to tell it. With that said, it may be possible to make some code changes that would line up with titanium only. If someone used a different client they would then have oddities of their own compared to you.

With that said, have you checked to see if you were using the rule setting Uleat posted and did that correct things for you? But even that rule will most likely cause differences between the clients if multiple are used on your server. I am guessing there.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:16 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I have the following values in my rule_values table:

Character:UseOldConSystem = true
Character:UseXPConScaling = true
Character:GreenModifier = 0

I am not sure if those rules conflict with each other. I need to try turning Character:UseXPConScaling = false and re-testing to see if it helps.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:32 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Looks like I was able to resolve the issue by setting both of the following values to false:
Character:UseOldConSystem = false
Character:UseXPConScaling = false

Now I re-did the same tests and green con mobs are not giving exp. Light blues and above are.

I even tested this out as high as level 60, and it's still working great (on Titanium at least).