Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Gregk
Sarnak

Default Unused lootdrop_id for missing db items

I know how to add loot to npcs using Georges tools, but what I can't figure out how to add content using lootdrop_IDs starting at 33000, or any skipped number. I can use the tool to add a new lootdrop_id to the loottable, then change it to an unused number 33000. It shows up properly in tables, and the tool, but in-game, the npc is missing the added loot.

Using Georges tools to add content, I get numbers starting at 90550. I'm hoping to add content that won't interfere with new DB releases.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Gregk
Sarnak

another thought... maybe the editing tool uses higher numbers to avoid using numbers that haven't necessarily been skipped, but left open for content yet to be captured from live... Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yes George tools assign those numbers automatically basing off first available number after the latest number in DB
To go around this, manually, I edit my loot ids directly in the DB
To have better understanding HOW loot drops connects to a mob, you need to look at loot structure - there are 4 different tables that handle loot structure, and all of them need to be set up correctly for loot to show up.
George tools handle this automatically, but if you want manual control read more about it in the wiki
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Gregk
Sarnak

Sorry for the newbie question.. to which wiki are you referring? Brain is kinda mushy with all the recent searching and reading...

Thank you in advance..
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

this one
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage