Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
uzi88
Fire Beetle

I'm having a blast on this server, really a great implementation of a fun way to gear up and kill stuff without the same old grind and frustrating elements.

The fabled tokens in particular are something I've never seen and fix a major design flaw. Since 95% of all fabled gear is obsolete to any player that could actually kill the fabled mob that drops it, having rare global drops of "fabled upgrade tokens" that turn the regular mobs drop into the fabled version is just awesome.

Combine that with the fact that everything is trade-able and the minimum level is dramatically reduced could very well lead to a sustainable economy unlike any other server. I cant wait to see how crazy of a twink I can come up with once I farm some sweet fabled gear. I can see low level duels being particularly fun.

One issue I've had with the cleric mercs though - they only seem to spam their highest fast heal as soon as anyone gets hit once, draining their mana in seconds even on light blues. If you block whatever heal that is (Divine Light from like 45-55+) they will just sit and do nothing. If they are only intended as a little extra boost to help soloing nameds and buffing then thats fine, but if they are supposed to act like a normal player healer they fail pretty hard. Either way I can deal with it.

Great work with the bug fixes so far and I will continue to report stuff as I find it.

Fluzi - Barb SK
Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I need a base RoF/UF spellfile, help!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
uzi88
Fire Beetle

will email it to the email in your sig after work
Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Or you could patch to live on a copy directory
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM
uzi88
Fire Beetle

hes prolly gonna need more then the spell file.. just T-rent uf_eq_steam and install it.. worth the 30min to have no problems
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
vkrr
Sarnak

hey guys - we've got an official forum now
FREEQ.BOARDS.NET
I'll be posting updates there, and wil probably leave this thread alone until we end up in beta - just FYI
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
mvpistilli
Fire Beetle

Stupid question, but how do I login to this server? I don't see it on the server list.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Server is good. I actually enjoy the upgrade system, could use some polish for the quests, but all in all it's nice!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Gregk
Sarnak

FYI.. Zone issue with RoF between EC and WC. its looking for the combined "commonlands" zone on RoF. UF and below works fine though.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
gixton
Fire Beetle

Default where did the server go?

tried to log in 11APR and to my surprise the server was not available. Just an update?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Yes let us encourage someone to go download the client in a way that is not safe when all they need to do is visit: https://launch.soe.com/everquest/
Copy your eq folder, click the downloaded exe and bam good to go.
I noticed spell file usually patches first for me so if thats all you need you can stop the download after you get it.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Tazzak
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Yes let us encourage someone to go download the client in a way that is not safe when all they need to do is visit: https://launch.soe.com/everquest/
Copy your eq folder, click the downloaded exe and bam good to go.
I noticed spell file usually patches first for me so if thats all you need you can stop the download after you get it.
Please explain this in further detail. What do I patch and which EQ folder?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Davood
Discordant

Interesting server concept, your design is similar to what I have built - let me know if you want to work together sometime or if you wanna compare notes on how we implemented the same features.