Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Default About Familiars

This feature request probably is the most insignificant one out of all feature
requests I have ever posted, but i think it could be fun.

#1. Familiars depop when you zone (you still get the familiar buff, but creature itself is gone) - would
it be possible to make it so Familiar zones with you?

#2. Somewhere somehow Familiar occupies the same namespace as pets, so you cannot summon familiar
if you have a pet, and you cannot summon pet when you have a familiar out. - would it be possible to
make it so you can have both of them out of the same time? Since familiar is not really a pet, and
doesn't need to follow commands or attack or agro, can we simply make it to follow the player without interfering with regular pets?

Now - why are these important?
Normally in EQ classes who have pets don't get familiars, and those who get familiars don't get pets.
So this issue never arises.

However my idea here is to implement true Vanity pets (WoW style). So being able to have familiar at
same time as a pet and having familiar zone with you, could add a whole new level of entertainment to the Emu.

I have tried implementing this idea with current code "As is", but I run into obvious issues:
-pet classes can't use them cause they need their pet slot for their pets
-since familiars depop when you zone, no one wants to keep re-summoning them over and over again
just to show off your vanity pet.

Share your thoughts