Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

That is a good working example many people can look at and follow Kayen.
Even a total nub like myself!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 AM
trevius
Developer

It is unfortunate that AAs have to be so complex to manage in the DB. The problem lies in how SOE reworked their AA system after Titanium, and even in how it worked in Titanium. I am sure they could have made a much better system for them, but since they did not, we have to deal with what we have available to us.

Editing AAs can at least be done now in the DB thanks to the work Kayen did. It definitely takes some getting used to, and even once you learn how to do it, it is hard to retain the info unless it is fresh in your head.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Thanks again Kayen for walking me through this. I got it all to work except for one thing. In game, in the AA window my new AA is labeled:
Quote:
Unknown DB String 2001-1
It all functions correctly, but just the name is odd. Do I need to edit the dbstr_us file?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Yep, that was it. I just added:
Code:
2001^1^Advanced Innate Strength II
2001^4^This ability raises your innate Strength by two points per rank.  You may train in this ability twice each level, beginning at level 61.
...to the bottom of the dbstr_us.txt file (in the Everquest installation directory).

Thanks again Kayen, I am rolling now.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Kayen
Developer

You can technically just use the same desc and title id of the 'Advanced Innate Strength', need to make sure though if on SoF you are set the sof_next_skill = to the skill_id of Advanced Innate Strength.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

So here's my next question: If I used a dbstr_us file from a SoF client or one of the others more recent than Titanium (HoT, Und) could I get more functional AAs in the Titanium client since there are many things in the database already that Titanium is not using? Has anyone tried this? Could someone PM me to set up emailing me a copy of the SoF dbstr_us file so that I can try it? (I hope I didn't violate any laws asking for that.)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Kayen
Developer

You can technically get SoF+ AA's in Titanium but you need to set the client version on all those AA's and also adjust all the fields only effect Titanium AA. It is not as simple as just having the dbstr_us. Basically all the dbstr file does it allow the names and description to display correctly.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
You can technically get SoF+ AA's in Titanium but you need to set the client version on all those AA's and also adjust all the fields only effect Titanium AA.
So, these changes of which you speak, are they in the cpp code or is it simply another database change? (Perhaps the aa_expansion column--hmm, no, wiki says this is for display.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
It is not as simple as just having the dbstr_us. Basically all the dbstr file does it allow the names and description to display correctly.
Understood.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by revloc02c View Post
So, these changes of which you speak, are they in the cpp code or is it simply another database change? (Perhaps the aa_expansion column--hmm, no, wiki says this is for display.)
DOH!
It's clientvar, right there in front of me. Sorry about that, now I feel sheepish.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Could someone please check the "Healing Gift Mastery" (skill_id=1086) entry in the aa_effects table? I don't see it there.

Healing Gift Mastery exists in the altadv_vars table and also shows up in game just fine, but there are no entries for it in that other table (aa_effects). Maybe that's okay? Or maybe you can buy it, but there is no functionality behind it?

Will someone please take a look at this?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Kayen
Developer

Yeah looks like its missing should be 2% per rank for the 3 ranks.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Kayen
Developer

In reviewing this also found the SoF+ Healing Adept AA's were not set to the correct values.

Committed an sql to resolve all these issues.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Thanks Kayen, I appreciate that. I am still working through AAs and I'll keep an eye out for anything else.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Healing Gift VII in the aa_effects table, it's skill_id = 12454. Usually in this table the aaid (skill_id) increments with each rank, so it gets higher, but the other two entries here are aaid=12453, 12452, going lower.

Furthermore, the base1 value for 12454 is a 3, and then it also gets lower to a 2 then 1.

So,

seems like the skill_id for Healing Gift VII should be 12452

OR

the other entries for it in the aa_effects table should increment, 12455, 12456 (adjusting the base1 values for each so that they all correspond correctly).

Or it all may be okay and just work because I don't understand the implementation of it all well enough. But I thought I should bring it up here to make sure.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

In addition to the previous post...

I could not find Finishing Blow, skill_id=119 in the aa_effects table.

Could someone please double check these things for me?