Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Default Spawning NPCs and their Models

I was wondering. Why is it when I spawn an NPC that is in the npc_types list such as "Captains_skiff" or "#Maidens_Voyage" I get a human male instead of the true model of the NPC. with everything set the way it is for that npc in the DB I get the same results.

I went to Butcher and the skiffs are there. I spawn one and it's a human male. I have tried using a few of the different ways to try to spawn an NPC using the GM commands but always the same.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Human male is the default model. If the model is not in the zones files (or imported via a chr file) then the client will display a human.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

It's also important to check the gender.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Ok prob another one of those "DOH!" moments. But if I understand this correctly (looking in the DB and making sure the gender matches that of the NPC listed or even changing the gender which i did to check that) making sure it's in the zone files.... If I'm in Butcherblock and there is already a Capt_Skiff spawned then it should already be in that zones file...

not exactly sure if I understand the way that works.

Hmm, I think I remember having this problem a few years ago and solved it. think I even posted a guide for NPCs.. will check and see if I can find that and glance at it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

If a mob is already spawning with a particular model, then the model is available for use in that same zone without any extra work. Human male seems to always indicate an unsupported model.

(Aside: This happened to me on live back in the day. My Velious install got corrupted, and Snow Bunnies in Eastern Wastes appeared as Humans. I found out about this when my group laughed at me for calling "add" on a Snow Bunny.)