Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Default CommonQuest - Single Group Raids

Hello all,

I'd like you tell all about my server that I've been working on for a bit, CommonQuest. It's essentially going to be a classiclike server that's RP friendly and has raids doable by a single group. The raid content will be doable with a single group, however, that doesn't mean they will be easy. I also plan to add hardmode versions of the normal bosses that are more challenging and appropriate for players with the best gear.

What content is currently available?
Just classic EQ currently. In the future I'll be working on expansions up to possibly PoP as time permits. Just classic EQ still needs plenty of work so those other expansions might be a ways off.

How hard will the raids be?
Fairly difficult. I'll be not only reusing raid mobs old abilities, but adding some new ones as well. In my opinion the classic raid mobs are way too easy by today's standards. I don't want to make them impossible for a more casual group, however, so that's why I plan on implementing the hardmode versions.

How far along is the server in its development?
This server is still fairly young. I have already worked on correcting most of the areas that had major revamps (e.g. CT, LS, Nek). There are still many minor things to fix though. As for the raids, those aren't quite ready for testing yet. Although the original three bosses (Naggy, Vox, Phinny) should be available for testing soon.

What is the experience rate like on the server?
Currently it's quite fast to facilitate testing (4X). It won't, however, be nearly as fast when alpha testing is complete.

What can I do to help?
By testing the content, of course! Drop by anytime if you wish and check out the alpha buffer in EC tunnel for some buffs and easy gear!

Regards,
Abbey

PS: Box away! (No 70 man SK raids of doom though please)

Last edited by Akkadius; 10-16-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

People still seem to be having connection issues. I've been able to fix a few problems so far but some people still can't connect. Any information you can provide on the issues you're having would be great.

Abbey
Old 10-16-2012, 02:36 AM
MG77
Fire Beetle

I was able to connect fine, looks good so far
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

All connection issues have been resolved. Drop by and check us out sometime!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 AM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

meh...every time i try to log to your server my client crashes...Underfoot client, nothing special installed, I can at least * log * to most servers without a problem...ah well...
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck View Post
meh...every time i try to log to your server my client crashes...Underfoot client, nothing special installed, I can at least * log * to most servers without a problem...ah well...
I don't really know anything about the UF client as I've never used it. You should be able to connect with it, but you basically need titanium anyway. Not sure exactly what your connection problem is. If you are able, try out the Titanium client and let me know if the problem still occurs. (I also changed something else that may have been causing your issue, try connecting with your UF client again as well)

Abbey
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM
sorvani
Dragon

If you are creating a new character, uncheck the tutorial button. If that works then the server op needs to update.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Garkeld
Fire Beetle

I have been playing there for a couple of weeks and have been enjoying it a lot.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
dalem
Fire Beetle

Real fun server but we need more people for raiding! Great community and we will help you level / gear if you desire! The exp is at a good rate ATM and Abbey is real active with fixing any problems that are found! For help contact winlaas in game.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:05 AM
eqcastle
Fire Beetle

Website and server is offline. ETA on going back online?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
eqcastle
Fire Beetle

Server back up. The awesomeness continues!!