Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Default Raid Addicts

Some of you may remember me the Creator of Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) after a year or so I have come back. Talks are in progress of re-starting my server and most likely Krusher will be hosting this.

Now technically I gave Rogean Raid Addicts, Then I went to Live and created RA 2.0 www.raidaddicts.net which wasn't a server but an Online gaming community.

The new server will be an exact (well as close as I can get it based on memory) replicant of the Original Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) that I ran. However it will probably be called Mortenson's Raid Addicts.

Anyway lots of details yet to cover I expect it to be opened within the next month or so Probably will be doing lots of testing before that so look for it on the server list.

King Mortenson

Will be calling it KingMort's Original RA as to not confuse others with Rogean's Raid Addicts

Last edited by KingMortenson; 02-04-2005 at 07:24 PM..
Old 02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
waternorth
Sarnak

Hello,

I was devving for a RA-clone server, that, unfortunately, got shut down (newbie didn't have enough $$$ to continue). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

MSN: marcusdipaola204@hotmail.com
AIM: waternorth0
mIRC: Waternorth (No shit)
Old 02-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waternorth
Hello,

I was devving for a RA-clone server, that, unfortunately, got shut down (newbie didn't have enough $$$ to continue). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

MSN: marcusdipaola204@hotmail.com
AIM: waternorth0
mIRC: Waternorth (No shit)
Mortenson's version of RA, and the server that I ran.. are completely different.

The server that mortenson ran was on 4.4, and very different from the 5.0+ series of RA Servers that I ran. So before anyone gets excited, I thought I'd let you guys know.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Yeah the only thing Rog kept from my server was The Asshole Bossmob in KC
Old 02-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Bonebreaker
Fire Beetle

Hey King let me know if you need help.
Former GM RA
-Bonebreaker
Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 AM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Temp website up at www.geocities.com/raidaddicts guys.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Default Ra News

Well just some news about server,

Kunark, Luclin, Velious and POP are for the most part fully spawned with working Loot Tables.

Players on KMRA can summon ONLY Dropable Items

There are 2 new Quests that are working that were custom made

PRINCE XYPHER in Firiona Vie and Queen Mortenson in Arena are part of the same quest. Talk with them about how to Aquire the Ancient Elite Armor set. Some nice screenshots of that on the site www.geocities.com/raidaddicts,

INSTRUMENT OF GODLYNESS Quest is working the quest giver is somewhere in GFAY. need to work out a few bugs tho to really get it prime. Screenshot for this sword also on site...

KingMort
Old 02-22-2005, 03:04 PM
notre
Fire Beetle

Default King!

It is I, if you recall me that is..Lord Notre, fearless leader of the much envied Seventh Hammer guild on the old RA. I was disappointed to see that when I tried to log in I was no longer ><, I would be happy to help out with anything that I can should you return.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Akro
Fire Beetle

Hey hey.

This is Boxx/Keel. I remember playing on the King's RA Server. It totally rocked, and I would more than love to see it come back.

Quote:
The new server will be an exact (well as close as I can get it based on memory) replicant of the Original Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) that I ran.
Quick question. Will it also include the Growing Weapon? (that class-based weapon that "grew" when you leveled)

Well, I wish I could help out, but I don't know jack about programming and stuff. But I'll be here cheering you on. Will that work?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Copenhagen
Fire Beetle

Default yes

I play here and it's the most fun I've had on an emulated server. You can start out level 65 so no grinding in lootless zones is required.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Default New Updates

Well we got our server up on a Nice P4 3.0GHZ Dedicated Linux server with 1 gig of ram running the latest Slackware.. We have 20 zones up and it's SMOOTH

NTOV Ring of Vulak is working great!
Ancient Elite Armor Quests Finished completly
Instrument of Godlyness Quests Finished completly (needs further testing)
Ancient Frost Armor (the 2nd phase in armor) is Nearly done.

We no longer have #SI enabled, There are merchants in the Arena who sell some starter gear, the rest players go and obtain themselves

Karnors Castle has Many Very nice GoD and OOW drops there,

The Arena God has several New Quest items and drops

Vulak is now dropping new Quest items ( will be putting regular drops on him and the other dragons in the ring event later )

Clan Crushbone is now dropping Very nice GoD and OOW drops, That do not drop in Karnors Castle but Much more rare!

We are working on several new Quests / Events and Ideas

Possible Working Kerafrym
Slavers Quest (based off Fallout 2)
The Lemming Quests
Armor of the Gods (Phase 3 armor set)
Phoenix Armor (Phase 4 armor set)
Growing Armor (Phase 5 armor set
Tai'Kudar Weapons (Phase 2 Weapon Drops)

Several Custom Zones in the works as well!!!

New Website up at
http://kmra.fliphost.net
Useing the latest PHP Nuke

Current Raid Addicts Staff - KingMortenson (Project Design) - Mangoo (Lead Coding Consultant) - Buri AKA Trinity (Lead Quest Coder)

Stop in and see us looking forward to your visits!

King Mortenson
Old 03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

This is just my on personal opinon, but there are a few problems with this server, the original form of this server was semi-legit which worked great, you could summon enough prayers of life, but still had a challenge, I was out for awhile and came abck and everything has changed. some of the quest drops in karnors were hellishly long at times and with the removal of summonitem and lack of new players starting (ones who got in while the gettin was good to summon everything) you might experience alot of issues.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Aye well actually 2 years ago I was moving toward Custom Legit, we just didn't have the right stuff back then. Now we do. I took out #SI but you can get your basic armor sets and weapons from the Merchants there in the Arena, Plus like I said before from Original EQ - POP is nearly fully spawned with working loot tables. Honestly I think it's more fun to go out and get your good drops, Also there is a working Commerce So people have to get PP and sell and buy items ect which makes it more enjoyable...Eventually I may even take out #goto but I won't take out #zone don't worry

Ok so lacking lots of news for updates..
ZONE CHANGES

* Kael finished with working Drops and 1 Ring Event

* Clan Crushbone Finished as a High Level Zone

* The Ring of Vulak'Aerr is now fully functional in NTOV dropping several Quest Items

* Anguish still in the works as well as Riftseekers, and Dranik.

***NEW***
* Sebilis is now open as an 85-110 EXP zone, with 3 Ring Events !!! Drops will not be as frequent as Karnors, but more ubber as you fight your way in deeper.

* Phase 2 Armor Quest is now finished! The quest giver is in ThurgadinB. It is the upgrade to the Ancient Elite armor set.

* The Goblin Quest is now finished! Some of you may remember this from the Original Raid Addicts, I hope you enjoy it!
Old 03-12-2005, 06:25 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

oh and btw back then they used Lavender Vials not Prayers hehe and those Prayers are for sale on the Merchants , also going to be putting back the old SLOW HAMMER , does anyone remember what that was called I can't for the life of me lol.

KingMort
Old 03-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

slow hammer? I think your talking about the Midnight Mallet