Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Daeklaz
Sarnak

GuildWars closed yesterday, April 1st. Think about it ...

Edit: April 1st

Last edited by Daeklaz; 04-02-2005 at 03:02 PM..
Old 04-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Aquelin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz
If you donate to the Red Cross, would you be a-OK with them spending the money on booze?
Tax deduction.

On a side note, I am very sad to see GW down especially after such a limited amount of time. My only respectable job as a GM down the drain within a month's time.

:(
Old 04-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeklaz
GuildWars closed yesterday, April 1st. Think about it ...

Edit: April 1st
Unfortunately it was this morning at around 3 am or so. Its not a joke.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:55 AM
MethodSZ
Fire Beetle

GW3.0 down and coined just like GW2.5...by devnoob

for anyone that didnt play on guildwars, you cant say shit about how we treat devnoob because you have no idea how he treats us

devnoob is the reason why the GW server has 1/5th the population of what it should have. He has a bad temper, doesnt know the rules (doesnt care either, if he thinks someone is doing something that he doesnt like he will ban, suspend, delete their points, delete their gear, or whatever he can think of that makes him smile). This forces image to to reverse whatever action devnoob takes time and time again.

People are reluctant to start on guildwars because they associate guildwars with devnoob instead of image, and that makes me very sadface:(

no one can rightfully defend devnoob in this case. i dare you to try
Old 04-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Ditrivo
Fire Beetle

This is fucking ridiculous. Why in the hell would you guys close down a server because a couple people were talkin shit about you? As ADMINS and owners of the server you let a couple fuckers that could easily be banned destroy the game?

A couple people talk shit and you guys break down and turn off the server... Does that make ANY fuckin sense? Jesus christ don't be so sensitive, don't let jackasses get to you like that.

If a couple customers of Sony decided to talk shit and insult the CEOs do you think that Sony would EVER stop what they're doing or actually change anything because of a couple dipshits?

It doesn't make any sense guys, a simple ban would have rid those faggots from the server. If they're not grateful, why the fuck would you let them play on the server nonetheless shut down the server because of them.

No offense but you need to claim ownership of your goddamn server.

Last edited by Ditrivo; 04-02-2005 at 05:03 PM..
Old 04-02-2005, 09:14 AM
MethodSZ
Fire Beetle

if you banned everyone that hated devnoob, the server would have 3 people and theyd have to close it down anyway

also, this is how GW2.5 ended. People called out devnoob on his retarded actions and he had a fit and destroyed the server. No one will miss him/it.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Doomfire
Fire Beetle

For a run down on the server and the events that lead up to the fall of the server visit:

www.guildwarsEQ.com
Old 04-02-2005, 10:21 AM
David Hasselhoff
Fire Beetle

if you guys dont like the way the server was run, dont play there. devnoob never bothered me, and i enjoyed playing on GW except when the players there acted like dickheads. way to get the server shut down assholes.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:18 AM
mattmeck

Speaking as someone who has been around for a wile, the reason Guild Wars was / is going downhill is because of the players. I REFUSE to play on the server because of the players not because of the admins, it seams like GW has always attracted the bottom of the barrel player wise.

To put it bluntly, its not your server its there server and if they want to delete gear / points thats there right, if they want to permanatly ban anyone who creats a character with the letter "L" in there name thats there rght.

All the players who complain about how it is run and whats done should find a server thats run the way they want, not one person has ever been forced to play on any server so stop the drama and start a server and run it the way you want instead of complaining and acting like 4 year olds.

This isnt YOUR server, its not YOUR project, stop expecting stuff and be thankfull for what people are nice enough to spend time making, and if you dont like it FIND SOMEPLACE YOU DO LIKE! I dont know how many server have been shut down because the admin got sick of idiotic players.

EDIT And the next person to go off cursing will be banned from the forums till i feel like letting them back, I dont care who you think you are the forums have rules and keeping cursing down is a rule.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Virus11
Discordant

Well Mattmeck, unless I don't know something, they closed the server and dissapeared with $300.00 and some new hardware.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:24 AM
mattmeck

Ok so discuss that, not about everything you hated about it, if people hated it so much why did they play there?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Virus11
Discordant

This is exactly why I didn't donate and why I didn't put my time into leveling a character.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:03 PM
David Hasselhoff
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus11
Well Mattmeck, unless I don't know something, they closed the server and dissapeared with $300.00 and some new hardware.
with all the time and money they put into this, i doubt they broke even with the donations they got. im sure they payed more than 300 out of pocket to maintain the server.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Mattmeck generally summed up my feelings.

I played on GuildWars, but honestly, the amount of little farts running around thinking they were "leet" turned me away very quickly. I quit at lvl 30, not surprisingly, as that was the lvl I was forced to join 1 of a couple guilds, all run by power hungry losers.

I promptly moved back to good ol' PEQ, sure the population may not be what it used to be, but just about every person I've met on that server has been helpful and considerate... Something almost unheard of on the GW server.

All in all, what do I have to say about the death of GW? Meh.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Speaking as someone who has been around for a wile, the reason Guild Wars was / is going downhill is because of the players. I REFUSE to play on the server because of the players not because of the admins, it seams like GW has always attracted the bottom of the barrel player wise.

To put it bluntly, its not your server its there server and if they want to delete gear / points thats there right, if they want to permanatly ban anyone who creats a character with the letter "L" in there name thats there rght.

All the players who complain about how it is run and whats done should find a server thats run the way they want, not one person has ever been forced to play on any server so stop the drama and start a server and run it the way you want instead of complaining and acting like 4 year olds.

This isnt YOUR server, its not YOUR project, stop expecting stuff and be thankfull for what people are nice enough to spend time making, and if you dont like it FIND SOMEPLACE YOU DO LIKE! I dont know how many server have been shut down because the admin got sick of idiotic players.

EDIT And the next person to go off cursing will be banned from the forums till i feel like letting them back, I dont care who you think you are the forums have rules and keeping cursing down is a rule.
The fact that it's their right to do so doesn't make it a non-assholish thing to do. It's my right to refuse to give first aid supplies to a guy who's bleeding out, but jesus would I be an ass.

A person who would delete a players' time invested for no other reason than that they felt like it shouldn't even be entrusted to staff an ant farm, and certainly not a server that makes any claims to be more than "joes non-legit kill teh quarm!".

"Like it or leave it" is a terrifyingly bad argument as well, you can like something without enjoying every aspect of it. If I hate olives, but have to eat them in order to eat steak, I'll still eat steak because steak rules, but I'd much rather be without the olives.

(And yes I know that was a lot of metaphores)

Last edited by Wiz; 04-02-2005 at 08:52 PM..
Closed Thread