Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 AM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Default Models - race

I have searched and read for hours now.
I'm playing with the boats again like I did a few years ago. I remember changing the race of the npc_type to change the model of the sirensbane. I know you can use other race ids like the "ghost ship" (114) which you don't fall through (kinda hard to see though).

I also found posts about using these ids:

141 - boat (the little greyish looking paddle boat)
533 - boat
550 - Merchant ship
551 - Pitaite ship
552 - ghost ship (not sure what one this is)

I also know there is some viking looking ship which I thought was like 73 but I'm not exactly sure (loads as human also).

Problem I'm having though is all the other models beside the default ship:
Boat:
and the ghost ship:
are showing up as human males.

My set up is is Titanium client only (server is set to only accept that client)
Classic Expantion only (Expantion - 0)

I was thinking this might have to do with client files. Maybe an s3d file or something that contains models that Titanium is lacking. Or maybe there is one of the text files that tells the models to load to be able to use some of these race models. Maybe I have to add something to them to make the models available to use.

Anyone happen to know?

Also, was thinking I might be able to comb through the server files and find maybe where the whole boat thing was. Maybe change the npc ID for those instances to use a different npc_type all together. After hours of looking though I don't have a clue where that stuff is located. If I can't get the above to work maybe I can do that. either/or.. what ever works best. So if that is the case happen to know where that information is?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Aww, K...
Copied "#Maidens_Voyage" over the "Sirensbane" in the npc_type ship and I got that viking looking ship. cool.
How do I make it smaller though. It's huge. I tried playing with the "size" but didn't do anything.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yeah exactly my problem.
the Viking Ship (alternative gender is Icebreaker) is gigantic and size setting doesn't affect it.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

I recall reading about people modifying the gender of the boats to get some things to work. Given that a boat doesn't need multiple genders, SOE may have provided only one model. So it might be worth the time to try changing the gender.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 AM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Played with the gender. Depending on the npc_type or the race I try to use for that particular npc (the ships) end up with these results:

Human model (been male so far)
Default ship (what it was before)
or that viking looking ship (always the same size "HUGE")

Ya, been playing with all the settings through the table row to see if anything might work.

I even tried changing the body_type to "normal" targeting the ship in game and using #size command to see if that might have any affect. Nothing =P

Was looking through some of the npc and mob files before you compile at the coder's notes and anything that looks like might control the boats. There are traces here and there but not anything I have been able to nail down so far. I'm sure there is something there but just not sure where to look.
The sad thing is I'm actualy having fun picking at this stuff. This is usualy how I figure out how this stuff works or I will eventualy find something that will lead me to what I'm looking for.

might have to excuse my typoes been up all night at work now I'm playing with this again LOL .. all nighter for me looks like.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 AM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Hmm, tried to change the race, body_type and gender to the same as that of the shuttles or skiffs just to see what would happen (BTW they are 73) and I get human male.

Where is the event it's self located. Maybe you can change the npc_type id in the event and make some changes there.

I'm starting to seroiusly considering tearing the boats out and create the whole npc/event and writting some perl for it. Use the skiffs or something or maybe that viking ship if I knew the actual id of it. I would just have to figure out how to make a grid for it and edit it. (haven't made grids yet)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 AM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Some success and some fails.
Tried to figure out wher I might be able to replace the npcid with a different npc and keep the grid and all in place. I couldn't (haven't) found a "grid" in the db for it but there is a pathing in one of the tables.
Went into spawngroups found an entry for the SirensBane with the spawn group ID. I forget what lead me to all this but found the spawnentry(table) id for the npc was 13206. How is this important. Low and behold the npcid of the SirensBane. Figured this was where I could swap out the npcid for something else.. it works...it fails...
I'll explain....
It changes the npc of the boat (tried with Captains_Skiff) and it does work but for some wierd reason I yet don't understand, it was a human model
So from this point I thought ok maybe I need to play around with the body type, gender, or even the race... nope.
Oh and when ever I targeted it.. it made my "zone.exe" crash it also crashed randomly a few times while playing with it in the database.
Before and after I tried playing around with the npc_type.
This does bring me to my next logical thought... something to have to do with the coding probably in the "zone.exe" files which I had started looking at.
Besides tearing the whole boat system apart, which I figure I could do from the DB, and rebuilding it with some grid, way points, and spawning and making a npc for it, I figure there has got to be an easier way of doing this or at least one that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.

Watch, I end up not able to figure this out and I do redo the boats and it turns out easier then effort I'm putting into tring to just find a replacement.

Oh and that viking ship (HAHA still don't know what to call it).. there is more to that. It keeps poping up while I'm editing different aspects of the npc_types of different ship/boat npcs. almost like it is a default. Like the human models for some of the npc settings depending on the npc and settings.

I would blame it on maybe having the "Expantions" variable set to "0" but tried some other race types from other expantions and most of them worked.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

[QUOTE=chrismed0;212895I'm starting to seroiusly considering tearing the boats out and create the whole npc/event and writting some perl for it. Use the skiffs or something or maybe that viking ship if I knew the actual id of it. I would just have to figure out how to make a grid for it and edit it. (haven't made grids yet)[/QUOTE]

angelox has working boats. Might can speak with her and see how she accomplished it.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

AngeloX <- thats the name in one of the perl scripts for the Sirensbane
I was looking through the perl scripts for this and a few other reasons. there are like 2 numbered ones for Butcher Block and in them at the top they say
#OOT SirensBane project
#AngeloX

It was for a proximity event for zoning
aww K didn't know that was an actual persons name since I hadn't looked at those perl files in a while.

Oh and it looks like I may have to recompile again. Tried restoring my DB from a back up but now everytime I log in "Zone.exe" crashes.

HAHA I broke it LOL....
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Found a post where Angelox talks about getting boats working and a dead link to what looks like a sql file... that about it though. Few other posts about boats but nothing sugnificant.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:29 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Hmmm I tried to create an npc "Captains_skiff" and I got a human male. Now it crashes everytime I log on..hmmm
restoring DB now

I was thinking.

Been reading alot of posts and gave me an idea.
You can make a perl script with an invisible NPC with a proximaty script. What if you set up a grid with the stops and everything in OOT and just makes one contiuos loop. Find a ship/boat that would work and place it on this grid. At each end of the where you want the zone in/out points for freeport/butcher place 2 invis npcs. Set them a little apart and make the first one you hit actualy spawn the "boat" in BB and set that boat to a timer before it starts moving (how ever much time you need for players to zone in.
The 2nd invis NPC they hit will be the one that zones them into Butcher. The boat in butcher after the set time then moves on a grid itself, stops at the docks then moves out to the edge of the water where there will be another invis NPC that would zone you back to OOT and then make that baot in Butcher despawn. Now this would mean that you would have to make the loop pause for "X" amount of time while this is going on in Butcher and it would have to be past the invis NPCs in OOT. Someplace where it could just sit for how ever long you need for people to zone back in then the boat starts moving with the people on it. Then just duplicaite more or less the same prosses on the other side.

Doesn't seem to hard. And you already know you would need a pause after you hit the invis npcs in OOT just take that into account and adjust the pauses for as long as you need them. Not sure if you can adjust the pauses after you create the grid haven't gotten that far yet on the research. but you pritty much know where you need all the pauses just set the boat up first on the grid then add the npcs where you want the spawning and zoning to take place and make sure to add the spot for the pause to wait for the zone in from BB and Freeport then add the boats in Butcher and Freepot anf adjust the pause times on both the zone in for the boat in OOT.

Essentialy the boat in OOT would cause the events to happen in BB and Freeport.

I have written a few perl scripts for different things before. I'm sure this wouldn't be to hard once I figure out how to set up a grid with way points and pauses.

The hard part is finding a boat that won't crash my server or has the correct model that is solid.