Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:01 AM
Atomicus
Fire Beetle

Default Server List blank 5+ days...

Am I missing an update or something? I have been playing this game for about 2 months and have had hardly any issues.

From time to time a blank server list would occur but if I re-entered my info and logged in 1 or 2 more attempts seemed to allow for a server list to populate but now I am unable to play at all on my computers at home. I can log in at work though for some reason.

I am using a Titanium client. on windows 10 pro version 1909.

I have Reset cpu, reset my network via windows settings, reset my router, modem, and I even downloaded and installed an RoF client but none of which seem to help.

Any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:09 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Are you using a VPN network? I have had dodgy connectivity at times with my VPN so I avoid using it when playing. Couple of things you might check...some ISPs are known to push firmware updates to your modem/router (I have AT&T and they do this under the radar occasionally and it has messed with some of my port presets). Overall this shouldn't matter if you're just trying to reach the master server list unless you have setup some sorta custom configuration prior; but, you just never know. Also, if you have the availability, fire up a hotspot on your phone and try connecting that way to start narrowing down if it's a home network problem for sure.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:27 AM
Atomicus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
Are you using a VPN network? I have had dodgy connectivity at times with my VPN so I avoid using it when playing. Couple of things you might check...some ISPs are known to push firmware updates to your modem/router (I have AT&T and they do this under the radar occasionally and it has messed with some of my port presets). Overall this shouldn't matter if you're just trying to reach the master server list unless you have setup some sorta custom configuration prior; but, you just never know. Also, if you have the availability, fire up a hotspot on your phone and try connecting that way to start narrowing down if it's a home network problem for sure.
No VPN here, just simple network connection but its not the best by any means (Hamilton). My bro and I room together and we both have been playing on the "rise of zek" server just fine until out of no where we get cut off. Feels bad too considering the age of this game, lol!
Old 02-17-2020, 01:34 PM
corlan
Fire Beetle

NOt sure if you double checked but if u run titanium and have 5999 instead of 5998 in your eqhost file you will get a blank server screen
Old 02-17-2020, 01:40 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicus View Post
No VPN here, just simple network connection but its not the best by any means (Hamilton). My bro and I room together and we both have been playing on the "rise of zek" server just fine until out of no where we get cut off. Feels bad too considering the age of this game, lol!
Have you tried both hard-wired and wireless connections?
Old 02-17-2020, 03:44 PM
NameAccepted
Fire Beetle

i have the same issie on going for about a year. i get times where i can play other where i am completely unable. ive tried everything to fix it. Porting forward on router and firewall, vpn, reinstalls, flushing the dns, and ive had no luck or solution