Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:14 PM
hokken
Fire Beetle

Ok thanks Uleat, it doesn't look there is too much in there as it is a fresh install. I did install MariaDB manually but other issues came up, for now ill stick to my windows 7 server
Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

Trying to prop up a fresh install and the install script seems to have a few issues so far, namely in the function to download and save files from the github site. For example, it attempts to grab EQEmuMaps-master.zip and save it in the maps folder as maps.zip, but that fails to write the file. Downloading each zip manually and renaming as the script is expecting seems to be working so far.

Edit: because of this, also have to remove the calls to unlink / rmtree various files and update the script - fun times. Now to hunt down libmysql__.dll.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:54 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

My install was also missing the libmysql.dll but luckily I had a previous install on the box so I was able to copy from the other directory. I noticed you need to run the server install more than once, seems some of the requirements needed early on get added during the install later I am guessing? I have not dug into it yet but do recall when I set one up before I had to run the install multiple times to get all of the server components up and running.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:03 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yeah there seems to be an issue with powershell web client consistently downloading files; we will be reverting it to the wget binary that we have been using for years. I will be going through more testing either today or tomorrow and we should be back to seamless installs

Seems like if folks have any sort of connection loss they see issues during the install; I had ran through the x64 overhaul about 15-20 times without issues but a few folks have seen otherwise

Will update when I have an update
Old 05-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Tyrro
Fire Beetle

Good afternoon!
I've been attempting to set up a server for LAN use in a windows 10 environment, and can successfully do so, until attempting to add bots. I run setup_bots using the provided script. Afterwards, it looks like when launching the server bat file, zone.exe is looking for perl512.dll, while a later version of perl is installed (5.24) with the script.

Any recommendations for fixing this issue?
Old 05-23-2020, 05:59 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrro View Post
Good afternoon!
I've been attempting to set up a server for LAN use in a windows 10 environment, and can successfully do so, until attempting to add bots. I run setup_bots using the provided script. Afterwards, it looks like when launching the server bat file, zone.exe is looking for perl512.dll, while a later version of perl is installed (5.24) with the script.

Any recommendations for fixing this issue?
Issues regarding bots downloading the x86 version should be resolved

Issues regarding maps downloading inconsistently should also be resolved during install
Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
That's not an eqemu issue .. that means you have too much in your system's environmental %PATH% variable.

There are ways around it.
This is correct, which is why the guide instructs that you are running on a clean installation of Windows. Too many programs and things installed can lead to issues appending to your installation paths
Old 05-24-2020, 07:18 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Issues regarding maps downloading inconsistently should also be resolved during install

Akk, I setup a new server with bots from your repack about a month ago. Today I ran: "check_bot_db_updates"

The returned message is: "Database version is ahead of current binaries"

Does that sound right? How is that possible?
Old 05-25-2020, 12:34 AM
Uleat
Developer

It means that you have older binaries than what your database is updated to..assuming there's not another issue.

I added that message a little while ago when I reworked the update process.

Make sure that you've got the latest unstable binaries rather than the stable ones - they're REALLY out of date.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-26-2020, 06:52 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
It means that you have older binaries than what your database is updated to..assuming there's not another issue.

I added that message a little while ago when I reworked the update process.

Make sure that you've got the latest unstable binaries rather than the stable ones - they're REALLY out of date.
Thanks Uleat; when I run these updates; does it stage them and then update on the next server reboot or do I need to pull them out of bin and replace them manually? (for the binaries)
Old 05-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

Always update your binaries while you server is down.

The update is immediate and nothing more needs to be done.

You can then update your database manually (while your there) or world.exe will update it once it's started.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-03-2020, 10:01 AM
transcenden
Fire Beetle

Hail, Forum Members! I'm totally new here and tried to set up a server, but it fails straight away. After following the directions (run in admin mode), I get the error:
bin\wget.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command,
perable program or batch file.
Error:eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue.

This is not a clean install because I don't have a spare computer right now. I would love recommendations to get this running as my brother and I have played off and on for a couple decades and want to try things on the admin side. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Huskerman
Fire Beetle

Transcenden did you find a fix yet? Did you run the vc_redistx86 file? It might fix it.
I recently started myself. The only reason I found out about it was I kind of stumbled across a video (link below) that told me it was possible. Hammerj installs with Linux but if you know enough to do the same in windows it works perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HsoVkokoI0
Old 10-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Huskerman
Fire Beetle

Default Migrating Client Files

I am posting this here, knowing the most of the developers may not respond right away. It's not a rush on the answer. First of all thanks to all the people that put this together, and kept this going. My family is all gamers "the family that games together, stays together". However, that can get a little costly for dad, so this is an answered prayer!
I am not a coder. I know I'm going to have to get into it and those questions will come later. I have installed the server and it works fine. However, I just have a couple questions. I followed HammerJ's instructions on loading a local private server. The computer I've loaded it on is acting a little quirky. Getting those hard drive sounds like it wants to stop working. Is there a way to migrated my client characters to a new server install that doesn't require a smart person to do it, AND does running the eqemu_server.pl update delete you local client characters?

Thanks again!
Old 10-06-2020, 06:10 PM
transcenden
Fire Beetle

Default Just Wiped the System

I ended up wiping out an old laptop I had and installed it on a clean machine. Worked fine. I messed around with it a bit, but ended up putting it on the shelf for now... it's not fun unless you get people to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcenden View Post
Hail, Forum Members! I'm totally new here and tried to set up a server, but it fails straight away. After following the directions (run in admin mode), I get the error:
bin\wget.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command,
perable program or batch file.
Error:eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue.

This is not a clean install because I don't have a spare computer right now. I would love recommendations to get this running as my brother and I have played off and on for a couple decades and want to try things on the admin side. Thanks!