Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

Default Hp/Mana Boosters

So I came up with an idea to improve hp/mana of characters without adding another item. My knowledge of coding is very limited but I assume this should be doable.

So basically acquire HP Booster, click it to cast instant spell that loads script that pulls your current unbuffed hp and adds 50 to it permanently. Problem is I have zero idea as to what the code would look like lol. Any insight?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:15 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Custom AAs :P
Old 10-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Custom AAs :P
Could you elaborate lol. I apologize if this is basic knowledge. I'm learning as I am going, this is my first idea to really stump me so far lol.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

Now that I think about it I believe I know what you mean with custom AA lol, like make 10 ranks of an AA that increases hp/mana by 50 per rank. That is very doable and a nice work around. Would prefer to not use AA points to do this though if possible.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:24 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

I suspect you may run into issues with the client not accurately displaying if you modify the HP total directly. You may be better off with a script that added a Tribute Benefit.

In fact looking at it, I am not sure a characters max HP/Mana/End are been stored in the Database, I think it may be purely done by calculation.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

I believe you may be correct Dag. After consideration I believe Demon has the easiest solution for doing this, just doing it via custom AA. I will continue to look around and see if I can come up with something else before I go that route.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:06 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorin View Post
Now that I think about it I believe I know what you mean with custom AA lol, like make 10 ranks of an AA that increases hp/mana by 50 per rank. That is very doable and a nice work around. Would prefer to not use AA points to do this though if possible.
You can make AAs that are "grant only" which are non-purchasable but can be given out via quests (ex. Veteran AAs, OoW MPG group rewards, DoN progression)

Biggest issue is gonna be making sure people have the right dbstr_us.txt file to run on your server, but it sounds like you want to modify stuff a bit, so you're probably willing to distribute them :P
Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

That is a decent alternative, didnt think about it lol. Trying to make something different and unique, we will see how it goes lol.