Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Default Coming Soon: Lords of Balthazar

Hey all!
Some of you might know me as "gottasummer" from ages ago. I was unable to recover the account information for that account, so I have a new one.

Anyway... I've returned, and I'm planning something fun.

The big thing on Lords of Balthazar, is to basically play guild vs guild battles, and obtain valuables by questing.

LoB is going to be friendly for both those who play solo, and those in groups, as both questing and GvGing will both give an *upcoming new item* Belthazar Coin.

These obtainable coins can be traded in for rares, upgrades, and status upgrades, or even new custom content for you.

I am looking for basically anyone who can do anything. PM me on here or reply if interested.

I have a dedicated server lined up, but, for now, I have it running on a box here on a 30/15 connection...

Intel C2D
3GB RAM
500GB HD
Win 2k3
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Default ?

So is this a PvP server or a PvE server?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
So is this a PvP server or a PvE server?
I like to think of it as a bit of both.

I think my idea is rather unique... basically collecting "status points" for the individual character, of which can be obtained in both PvE or PvP, depending on the players preference.

There are both benefits for both forms of game play.

I haven't worked it all out completely, but I do encourage you to PM me and we can keep in contact and see if we can get something going.

I've assembled the server hardware, and the DVD-ROM drive is dead so I'm swapping it out with a new one, then I need to install Win2k3.

Server hardware will be online tonight, expect the whole deal online tomorrow morning or afternoon.

I have the domain registered, and I have a VPS for web hosting.

I have two... a Windows VPS and a Linux VPS. I am hosting websites on the Windows VPS as of now... Linux VPS is absolutely empty. I'm considering using it to host a few zones.

Anyway... we should talk, if you have Skype or something, PM me.