Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
shaftiferd
Fire Beetle

Default Rogue Invisibilty on Irreverent

Bug type: Not correct
Occurance: Always
Zone(s): All
NPC(s): None
Description: Halfling rogue sneak and hide doesnt give invis vs undead in any zone I've tried. Rogue invisibilty does not work against many mobs and undead on irreverent
Old 04-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftiferd View Post
Bug type: Not correct
Occurance: Always
Zone(s): All
NPC(s): None
Description: Halfling rogue sneak and hide doesnt give invis vs undead in any zone I've tried. Rogue invisibilty does not work against many mobs and undead on irreverent
That's an issue with irrelevant's database; take it up with them.

As far as I know halfling rogue sneak/hide isn't supposed to invis vs undead, at least not on eqlive atm (which PEQ and moreso the EQEmu codebase is trying to emulate.)
Old 04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

except for mob hp adjustment: i believe Irrev uses a default dbase.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 AM
trevius
Developer

Rogue Hide/Sneak is invis vs live or undead NPCs as far as I can recall. I played a Rogue on Live 5 years, though I had SoS for quite a bit of that time, so it is possible I could be mistaken (though I am pretty sure that is correct).

If NPCs are seeing through hide/sneak it most likely means they are set that way in the database. There are fields for seeing through hide/sneak and SoS as well. I doubt that is how it is set from the PEQ database, so it is probably an issue that needs to be taken up on the Irreverent forums. Most likely, you probably won't start seeing many mobs that see through hide/sneak until you reach the higher levels like 50+. After that point, it is pretty important to have SoS, especially once you reach PoP+ zones. With SoS, there is only a small percent of NPCs that can see through it. At least up to the content I played through (up to 2005).
Old 04-27-2011, 05:45 AM
joligario
Developer

Actually, we do have NPCs that have this problem. It was addressed in the forums, but I just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. Basically, the hide/sneak should have been tied with the see invis but it wasn't. Since they are independent of each other, many NPCs were missed. I think the concensus was that hide/sneak was invis + ivu.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
trevius
Developer

Hide/Sneak shouldn't really be tied to See Invis in the Database. I don't know of any way to really identify which ones should see Hide/Sneak or not, but it definitely isn't all that can see invis. As a Rogue, I could go nearly anywhere safely without risks. I think maybe starting in Kael, there would be occasional giants that could see through Hide/Sneak. Even in PoP, the majority of spawns couldn't see through normal Hide/Sneak, but definitely enough to be dangerous still. With SoS, PoP zones were almost 100% safe at the time I played though.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yeah thats correct, I remember all way back, Brad Mq stated that rogues are the ONLY class who can be invised to living and undead at the same time.

this of course doesn't mean that individual mobs cannot be set to see through anyway (as Trev pointed out)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM
BrandeX
Sarnak

This thread reminds me of how back in the day used to use a level 1 halfling rogue to do corpse drags for people in The Hole, lol. (so yea it is = to invis + itu)