Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Default Zones long lost, a few questions..

I remember a few servers making use of zones normal EQ players never see. Scorps' server used the new CSHome, but also used Aviak Village (which I can find NO info about, a totally custom Nektropos, and tutoriala. Digging through the archives on google hasn't returned much of anything, so what WAS the aviak village zone like? Or the Apprentice zone? I have some screenshots of my chars back in '03 in the load and load2 zones but never saw the others. I'd love to hear if anyone has input on these long-forgotten zones.

FWIW, I vaguely remember Scorps' Tuta zone looking an awful lot like a ruj zone. That may just be a hazy brain though.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

Tutoriala and cshome are both in the peqdb. tutoriala zone files are included with titanium, cshome is not, so visiting tutoriala is quite possible if you find a server with #zone commands enabled.

The other two zones I've never heard of before.

As an aside, it is against EQemu's policy to ask for or post a link concerning missing zone files.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

There is a player made version of CSHome linked to this forum so if you just want to be able to zone in you can use it.

Code:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23422&highlight=CSHome
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I'm well aware of the legality of asking for those files. I never asked. I just wondered if anyone had seen or heard about aviak or nektropos and the like. With Everlore.com LONG gone into the internet abyss there aren't many places that would have info on this stuff. I've seen both copies of CSHome, and gotta say the player made one isn't too bad.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
steve
Discordant

Nektropos and apprentice never existed outside of SOE. If a server made use of those zone names, they were likely custom zones made by someone else.