Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-30-2015, 12:29 PM
provocating
Demi-God

How is the number of players per account being handled? I noticed the struct had changed and is different in the RoF clients. I normally let the players have more characters per account.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
How is the number of players per account being handled? I noticed the struct had changed and is different in the RoF clients. I normally let the players have more characters per account.
Do you mean the maximum number of characters you can create on an account, or are you referring to IP limiting?

The maximum number of players that RoF2 supports is higher than EQEmu supports. So, it is hard set to 10 max limit for character select. This is because max characters is currently hard coded everywhere to 10 instead of being something that can be defined based on client version. At some point, this may change to allow more than 10, but since 10 is a fairly reasonable number and you can have unlimited free accounts on EQEmu, it is not a high priority.

As for IP Limiting, that has nothing to do with client. That is dealt with in the server code and works the same for all.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I meant character select, I have my SoF, SoD and UF clients all at 26 characters per account. I am just trying to figure out how to do RoF2
Old 02-04-2015, 10:30 PM
granier
Fire Beetle

Cross client guild invites involving RoF2 do not seem to be working properly. When I do a /guildinvite from a UF client to a RoF2 client or vice versa the invite accept dialog does not show up for the invited individual. The server recognizes the guild invite for if I do a /guildinvite a second time, I get the message that the toon is already contemplating a guild invite. RoF2 to RoF2 and UF to UF /guildinvites are working properly for me. All this was tried on the PEQ server.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:43 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I think normal RoF has that issue as well, I know they changed a bit of the guild stuff, so could be related to that.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Has anyone run into an issue upgrading to RoF2 and having all characters show naked after the database is upgraded from the perl script when you start the server? Just upgraded my test server and everyones gear is missing.

Edit: nevermind, restarted it again and now the gear is back but getting a new error message for SQL errors Ill work on fixing:

"Unknown column c.timelaston in 'field list' SELECT c.id, c.name c.class, c.level, c.timelaston, c.zoneid, g.guild_id....FROM vwBotCharacterMobs
Old 02-06-2015, 01:40 AM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibiuno View Post
Has anyone run into an issue upgrading to RoF2 and having all characters show naked after the database is upgraded from the perl script when you start the server? Just upgraded my test server and everyones gear is missing.

Edit: nevermind, restarted it again and now the gear is back but getting a new error message for SQL errors Ill work on fixing:

"Unknown column c.timelaston in 'field list' SELECT c.id, c.name c.class, c.level, c.timelaston, c.zoneid, g.guild_id....FROM vwBotCharacterMobs
I started seeing some similar sql errors and really long #repop and zone times. At least first zone (i think its waiting on popping). I posted about it in Windows Server Support.

EDIT:: One of my logs was showing it couldn't find plugins.pl yet plugins seem to load fine.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:

That is a bots issue, not RoF2. Unrelated to this thread and there is already a post about this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohbo View Post
I started seeing some similar sql errors and really long #repop and zone times. At least first zone (i think its waiting on popping). I posted about it in Windows Server Support.

EDIT:: One of my logs was showing it couldn't find plugins.pl yet plugins seem to load fine.
Unrelated to RoF2 Development as well unless you are only having this issue on the RoF2 client and you have tried other clients and the problem doesn't occur on them.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by granier View Post
Cross client guild invites involving RoF2 do not seem to be working properly. When I do a /guildinvite from a UF client to a RoF2 client or vice versa the invite accept dialog does not show up for the invited individual. The server recognizes the guild invite for if I do a /guildinvite a second time, I get the message that the toon is already contemplating a guild invite. RoF2 to RoF2 and UF to UF /guildinvites are working properly for me. All this was tried on the PEQ server.
I will have to test this out and take a look at it. It is almost certainly related to the new guild role/permission stuff. In older clients, there were only 3 membership levels (member, officer, and leader). In the RoF+ clients, there are now 8 levels. The last changes I made for this did a case switch to convert the membership levels to use the old system for now. Eventually, we will want to flip that implementation so that the server uses the new 8 tier membership system with permissions, and then do conversions for the older clients to use the new system. That is probably a considerable task and may take a while to complete.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Toony
Sarnak

I upgraded my server to RoF2 last night and I'm testing the RoF2 client. Seems pretty solid except item shortcuts placed on the hotbar are all the 1st item slot and don't activate the effect, anyone else seen this?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony View Post
I upgraded my server to RoF2 last night and I'm testing the RoF2 client. Seems pretty solid except item shortcuts placed on the hotbar are all the 1st item slot and don't activate the effect, anyone else seen this?
Low Priority Work:
3. Item Hotkeys - Slot based hotkeys can still be created by holding ALT+Click on a slot. The new Item Hotkeys which are created by holding Click on an item do not function yet. This was moved to low priority due to it being a new feature even though it is accessed in the same way as the old feature was (but old feature is still available).
Old 02-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohbo View Post
Low Priority Work:
3. Item Hotkeys - Slot based hotkeys can still be created by holding ALT+Click on a slot. The new Item Hotkeys which are created by holding Click on an item do not function yet. This was moved to low priority due to it being a new feature even though it is accessed in the same way as the old feature was (but old feature is still available).
Thanks, that worked, appreciate it.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:04 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Well, the normal item hotkeys should work now ... Didn't do much testing, so I could of broken something ....
Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Money is disappearing that is being put into the shared bank after upgrading to RoF2, code from 02/05. Testing items next. It's only disappearing with RoF2 clients.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:17 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Money is disappearing that is being put into the shared bank after upgrading to RoF2, code from 02/05. Testing items next. It's only disappearing with RoF2 clients.
From what I can see, it's still recorded on the server that the plat has been put in the shared bank. It's just not showing up in the client so you can't access it.