Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 AM
xplodr
Sarnak

Default Cannot connect to my server

Hey all, my uncle is trying to connect to my server, he has the exact same version of EQ that I use and he can log into other servers. But he cannot log into mine. Other people from all over the country have logged into my server before, I am still able to log in from my pc and several other ones I have access to. I understand it sounds like he has an incompatible version, but that's not the case. His is EXACTLY like mine. When he tries to log in to my specific server is when he has the trouble. He logs in fine, then clicks my server and the client goes black like it's connecting but never shows the loading screen and 5ish minutes later he is back to the log in screen. Any ideas?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

It sounds like a problem with your port forwarding. You need to check and make sure your ports are forwarded correctly. And if they are make sure your IP on the computer with your server is STATIC because if the ip changed (disconnected, power outage) then the ports wont work. That problem your describing is almost always a port forward issue. Also is your uncle on the same network as you or is it over the net?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
xplodr
Sarnak

He's over the net. And I just want to be clear, this server has been up before and other people were on it. I just took it down for awhile to do something else and brought it up exactly as it was before. I did the original port forwarding in the first place. However what you're saying about my IP sounds interesting because I had several power outages recently (Florida hurricane season). If that's the case what do I need to do to fix it?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You can port forward again on the new local IP and see if that fixes your issue.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

quick way to find out if its your ports just check what the ip is on the ports you forwarded compared to what your ip on your computer with the server. example if you port forwarded 192.168.1.7 make sure its the same on the server. the internal ip needs to be static. pretty easy to do just look up static ip in google take a whole 2mins to do it.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 AM
xplodr
Sarnak

Thanks for the replies I'll check them out tomorrow to see what fixes it!