Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 AM
xplodr
Sarnak

Default Spawn an existing NPC in other zone

I'm kind of afraid to ask, I am not trying to make anyone mad with all my noob questions but I searched and can't find how it's done. I'm just trying to add the translocator from freporte to freeporteast so that my players can translocate over to faydwar. If answering this bothers you feel free to just ignore me but if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You must go in to your server's quest folder and copy the script over to the zone first then find your translocator, type #npcstats and see its ID then go spawn it in the other zone, however, this may require modifying said script. And don't be afraid to ask for help, but remember, you're expected to help people when you have gained knowledge, in the future. Just an equilibrium, equal give and take.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM
xplodr
Sarnak

Thanks Kingly! I have every intention of helping anyone I can
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I have this awesome guide to creating an npc spawn, and placing him in the world, but I can't find it on the forums for the life of me - it might be on the wiki.

As a side note to Kingly's advice, after you've spawned him where you like, target him and type "#npcspawn create", then do a #repop and he should be good to go. Not sure if that is still needed, but it was in the guide i learned from so I'll pay it forward. As for modifying the script, you should only need to change the zone number that he ports you to, and after you save it copy it to the proper zone folder in the quests subdirectory. Let us know how it goes!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

If you need help with the script, just ask. Also, could you add me on Skype, Xplodr?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
xplodr
Sarnak

I added him to the new freeporteast and it seems to work perfect! However the one in OOT who sends people to freeport actually still sends them to freporte lol. I attempted to fix that on my own however I can't seem to figure out how to even open the oceanoftears perl script to change the zone number. I apologize but i once again need help!
And I would be happy to add you to skype kingly, I assume it's Kingly_krab?