Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

Default Hyper food consumption issue

New to EQEmu and just got my private server running. I noticed my character goes through 1 food and water roughly every minute. I have tried changing the Character:ConsumptionMultiplier from 200 to 4000 and didn't make a difference. I am using HeidiSQL to edit the setting. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Old 05-05-2017, 11:05 PM
ghanja
Dragon

client.cpp beginning line 8497:
Code:
if (metabolism_bonus)
		cons_mod = cons_mod * metabolism_bonus * RuleI(Character, ConsumptionMultiplier) / 10000;
	else
cons_mod = cons_mod * RuleI(Character, ConsumptionMultiplier) / 100;
I know nothing of consumption, never toyed with it, not from an AA stand-point, or otherwise. So, bearing in mind my ignorance, it in my eyes seems odd that if there are metabolic spells/aa's in play on the toon, the consumption modifier (cons_mod) is product divided by 10000 rather than 100 when there is no AA, spell, etc. metabolic modifier in play (or vice versa). It may have absolutely nothing to do with what you're experiencing though.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:42 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Well if every server was having this same problem, I could see it being a code glitch, but I have never heard of this issue before.
I have Character:ConsumptionMultiplier set to 150 and Character:FoodLossPerUpdate set to 35 and it functions normally. But one
per minute is a little crazy fast.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Kikinaak
Sarnak

I am having this issue as well with mine
Old 05-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Ikky1
Fire Beetle

I am also having this issue. New personal server.

Ikky
Old 05-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Old issue:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/issues/308
Old 05-07-2017, 04:04 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

So I'm assuming then that this is a known issue and there is no fix/work around for it?
Old 05-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yes that is correct, no one had cared enough to fix it. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to trace down
Old 05-07-2017, 05:38 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Guess i'll be seeing a lot of your a hungry/thirsty msg's lol
Old 05-07-2017, 09:00 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionZ View Post
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Guess i'll be seeing a lot of your a hungry/thirsty msg's lol
I am curious as to what circumstances/conditions your toon is consuming this fast ? Does it consume like that when idle ?
I desperately tried to replicate the issue you're having. Using updated code and db, I put a 20 stack each of food and water
on a toon, ran around a bit, did a few battles and after 30 minutes, nothing had been consumed. I summoned a mount and
same results.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

Just sitting still not moving my character consumes 1 food/water every 45 seconds. I timed it. This was when my character was lvl 10 in starting zone.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:07 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

I seem to be having the opposite problem. My toon still has not consumed any food or water and it's been logged in for
an hour and a half now. I did run into something strange. I had put one single iron ration and water flask in main inventory,
just to see anything happen. But when I left clicked on the item, to move it, it poofed and I got the following message
in my client window:
Inventory Desyncronization detected: Resending slot data...
Source slot 27 resyncronized.
Destination slot 30 resyncronized.

EDIT: Oh wait, wonder if that had to do with changing clients. I was on with RoF2 and then changed to a UF client.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Well, I tried using some backup binaries from a month ago, then used the update script to grab the latest stable binaries (dated april 30th)
and still could not find anything relevant to your issue. The database is current and fully updated (version 9010). Its strictly vanilla with no
edits at all. I created new and various toons, but still not experiencing the same problem. Toons won't eat or drink anymore if I try to force
feed them, lol. I will leave one logged on over night and see if it consumes anything at all.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:03 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I need to spend some time capturing information on live servers to see how things work. The client has a lot of details, but not enough to fully fix the issues.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:50 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

I can confirm, I had an ogre toon sitting idle for 2 hours and he only consumed one water and one food. I remember playing on
live,(long ago) I used to buy a 5-3 ratio of water to food, since the water was consumed faster and my inventory was balanced
out for shopping, lol