Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:45 AM
Meddera
Sarnak

Default BOT Stopped Attacking

I recently created a genetic server using the install and activated the bots. I am playing a wizard and my cleric bot decided at 13th level to stop all forms of melee combat. He still heals himself and me, but does but attack at all.

Also, when he was attacking he used to use the heal every time he took damage instead of waiting until necessary. Can this be fixed as well?
Old 11-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

I have done some additional testing with this issue. When I delete the Cleric and recreate him I have the same issue. When I create a warrior bot he attacks. So is there something that is causing the Cleric to be viewed as a pure caster and after a certain level they stop melee combat? He literally just stands there and will cast healing or an occasion offense spell but will not engage in melee combat at all.

Prior to level 13 I would root an opponent and he would charge in and engage in melee while I stood back and cast offensive spells.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:24 PM
ghanja
Dragon

So the Cleric bot is healing and casting buffs?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

Yes, but I am playing a wizard. I want the Cleric to melee which it was doing until he hit level 13. Now even if he is getting punched in the mouth he won't fight back.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Uleat
Developer

Bots are not designed for caster types to melee past level 12..

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../bot.cpp#L2443

I don't know the reasoning behind this..but, it has been in the bot behavior as long as I've been here.

(Is this live mercenary-like behavior?)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

I am surprised this isn't a toggle option. Clerics are casters but can also wear full plate. So basically a Cleric / Wizard isn't really a playable duo beyond lvl 12.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Meddera
Sarnak

Is this something I could change on my side? I am unfamiliar with the code, but maybe it's something as simple as changing the level from 13 to 60.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Meddera
Sarnak

I found this entry in the detail you sent to me

atCombatRange = true;
} else if(IsBotCaster() && GetLevel() > 12) {
if(IsBotCasterCombatRange(GetTarget()))
atCombatRange = true;

There could be more to it than that obviously but this was just me doing a quick run through of the code. Problem is I don't knew where bot.cpp is on my system or what I need to do to actually make changes to it.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:06 PM
ghanja
Dragon

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...er_Setup_Guide

However, there have been some changes, mostly with the starting of the server (which may or may not be disclosed in that wiki page). It should still get you by. It's either that, or find someone willing to make you binaries with the changes (and the inevitable changes that you will continue to make).
Old 11-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

I had issues when trying this method and before spending much time trouble shooting I ran across the installer method which worked without a hitch. Will I need to go back and do a full manual installation to make these types of changes?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:04 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

You would have to download the source code, make the necessary edits and, if your using windows, install cmake and VS and compile the edited source.
I wouldn't do it myself unless a developer made some input about the actual edit for something like that, but I don't care for bots myself.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

Everything I read said I can only have 1 bot at a time and I tried creating another and it worked. So I have a warrior, a cleric, and myself (Wizard). One thing I didn't notice until now is the Cleric heals max heal spell each time the warrior takes just one hit and he uses all of his mana early in the fight. I tried changing the stance but none of them seemed to make any difference.

It seems the healing class is sort of broken. The warrior did very good at least.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:24 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera View Post
Everything I read said I can only have 1 bot at a time
Not sure where you read about that, the settings are in the database, as to how many bots a player can spawn and that can be as high as you want to
You might want to learn all about what you can do in those database tables and how to do it. It will open a lot of doors for you.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Uleat
Developer

Are you confusing emulator 'bots' with in-game 'mercenaries?'

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

No I just read whatever I could from google on bots and most pages I found said a player can have at the most 1 bot spawned at a time. Either way it is disappointing as the cleric bot is basically worthless. Literally it will burn a healing spell when any damage is taken at all, so all the mana is drained quickly.