Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:07 AM
Ryu_brood
Fire Beetle

Default Recommend a server?

It's been a long time since I played on any of the emu servers and I see there's a few more that have popped up adding so much diversity! I'm coming back this time with a few friends and my gf and I'm looking for fun servers to try. Nothing along the lines of project 1999 or anything that will take forever to level on. Not necessarily looking for a "classic" experience but I'm not removing the idea either. I believe I tried the Hidden forest back in the day but disliked so much of the multi-boxing that goes on and that some of the casters classes were weaker than their melee counterparts by a large margin. I need something that can be solo or duo-able, or has enough people to put together a small group. Any recommendations from people who have played around on the servers?
Old 12-06-2016, 06:05 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_brood View Post
disliked so much of the multi-boxing that goes on
I agree that there is a big list of choices out there, especially servers that are setup to solo through the content.
This is only my opinion, but in a round about way, many "solo" players over time have created the monster that other players want to avoid.
What I mean by that, with the desire to solo, growing in a big way, it has encouraged server ops to not only scale down the content, making
it easier, but many have opened up boxing limits, use of MQ, some with armies of bots, etc.
So when a player comes along looking for a "picky" kind of setup, (for example) a server that let's you "solo all the way to quarm" but does not
allow boxing, that could be a difficult goal in finding one. In some cases, boxing can put a damper on a single player looking for a group, but if
you're only interest is a solo or duo partnership, one can ignore those boxers and go about your game.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

You could try Imperium
Old 12-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Ryu_brood
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerella View Post
You could try Imperium
I don't think I fully understand what Imperium is offering. Is it like close to live was back in the day but monster stats are just toned down? How easy or difficult is it to level and find/make gear?
Old 12-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Come try out Blood and Rank. Very close to live like with some nice little customizations to help you along. Best community I've found on any server. Let any gm know Bugbutt sent you!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

Hard to explain what Imperium is, I never played Everquest in the beginning it was much later my husband introduced it to me. So I have nothing to really compare to, many of the quests can be researched through alla, and the community of players is family friendly. Gear is fairly easily acquired and/or made. The GMs are active and helpful in my experience as well. Gear has had stats boosted to allow for solo leveling and play, but it's much more fun with friends. Boxing is limited to 2 and MQ warping gets you a swift ban. It's not for everyone, but I really enjoy my time there. Hope you find somewhere suitable for you.