Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:36 AM
Vire70
Sarnak

Well after messing around with it a bit more, I think there is nothing wrong with my server and actually there is a flaw in the Arcanum NPC code causing oddities to not purchase. I find it hard to believe no one would have caught this before though, because the oddities can't be bought at all but the more expensive antiquities (low vs high) work just fine.
The code I posted in the comment above this one is actually for antiquities only, due to it only checking the following:
Code:

my $sql_query = "SELECT * FROM _high_dollar WHERE item = $criteria";
There is no equivalent check for FROM _low_dollar (which is oddities list of items) and therefore the Arcanum NPC doesn't reply when you try to buy one. I even tried out reversing this by changing the line to _low_dollar and it causes oddities to be purchasable but not antiquities, so the code all works it's just missing a check for which.

Unfortunately despite having some decent coding experience I'm struggling a little to fix this (to make both accessible at same time), because I've not used Perl before. I tried adding like this:
Code:
## Determines antiquities or oddities
		if ($choice == 1) {
			my $sql_query = "SELECT * FROM _high_dollar WHERE item = $criteria";
			} elsif ($choice == 2) {
			my $sql_query = "SELECT * FROM _low_dollar WHERE item = $criteria";
			}
With a global var at the top of the file ( $choice = 0 ) and a $choice = 1 in antiquities / $choice = 2 in oddities (when you click either say link). However maybe I don't understand scope in Perl or something else is going wrong because doing this just seems to break purchases for both sides. I tried a few other things as well but they all either caused NPC to stop talking altogether, stop selling altogether, or only sell one side and not both.
I thought about fixing the SELECT statement so that it pulls from both high & low DB tables, but the problem there is they actually have a bunch of duplicate items between both tables, but the low ones are about a third the cost. So that introduces problems of its own.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:05 PM
shadowedlegacy
Fire Beetle

your link for the tinyurl requires permission to access, which i submitted but still cant access the file on google drive.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:37 PM
EQBasic
Fire Beetle

according to this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43745 these support forums are slowly being faded out. I think all those links have been removed intentionally.

edit: ok, I see what huppy meant on website in his signature now
Old 12-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBasic View Post
according to this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43745 these support forums are slowly being faded out. I think all those links have been removed intentionally.
For faster and more reliable communication, we definitely recommend using our Discord server if at all possible. These forums eventually will become a public archive and posting functionality may go away entirely.

In case anyone needs a link, you can join here: https://discord.com/invite/dUjQtvTm