Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Drajor
Developer

Default NeverGrind - web based classic eq

Stumbled upon this just now. Pretty awesome idea!

http://www.nevergrind.com/
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Chrono
Sarnak

Haha, that's awesome. Killed 1 mob, got level 50. Tried to go to Soldung B or Permafrost to fight Naggy or Vox but couldn't get them to spawn.

And I guess items aren't in as I just get gold from mobs, still awesome idea though.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

This is really neat, how long has it been in development for? And is it still being actively worked on?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yeah it is really neat hehe.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

EQ gameplay distilled into a form suitable for modern attention spans and (in)tolerances.
You don't have to read and you get everything NOW. Careful posting that kind of thing, the community could lose half its players overnight.

Joking aside, it's a pretty cool implementation and could be fleshed out into a solid web-game.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Maelfyn
Fire Beetle

Hey guys. I noticed I got 10 times the hits that I normally do in a day and I found this thread. It's still being worked on! I was just working on some mob spell animations this morning. Mistmoore is probably the best place to see what I worked on since there are so many casters there. I just finished Shadow Knights yesterday and I post a little skill video on youtube for each class when I finish them. I'm a long way from being finished. Only six classes are done and I'm working on bards next. As many have noticed I took a lot of creative liberties with the game itself since the game is more of a "remix" than a replica.

I started working on it from scratch in August 2012. I got the idea from playing silly web games like progressquest.com and I thought there should be a sexier EverQuest equivalent. You know, something you can play at work

Don't expect lightning fast development. I'm married and I have two kids and it's a fun side project I work on in my spare time.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Take your time, things tend to turn out better that way. Great job so far man, and keep up the good work. As for it being a remix, nothing wrong with that, the idea of everyone trying to make an exact copy of EQ is getting a bit stale anyway. Loving some of the skills you've implemented so far.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Very cool browser game. I spent quite a bit of time on it, and I ran around checking out the various zones. I love what you have in place so far, and would love to see what else you have in store for this.

I especially enjoy the abilities that allow me to heal myself throughout the battles.

~Kingmen
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Robregen
Developer

cool webgame. The combat reminds me of the old final fantasy game for NES.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Maelfyn
Fire Beetle

Thought I'd drop an update here and let you guys know this is nearing version 1.0. I even launched a Kickstarter campaign with an interesting offering of rewards for helping with the development costs. Consider revisiting the game, checking out what is new and improved, and come check out the new server accounts on April 20th. I plan to develop more interesting features in the future such as chat, trading items, and perhaps a Hall of Champions where you can show off your items to friends.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ml5-action-rpg
Old 05-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Thugrok
Fire Beetle

Thank you, I will check it out.