Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:11 PM
lymontyme
Sarnak

Default Getting bots to work without cookbooks

I am just getting started with bots and have no idea how to get them to follow, attack, etc. I have always been TERRIBLE at understanding programming-style "cookbook" lists. For example, the cookbook for creating a bot is listed as:
#bot create [name] [class (id)] [race (id)] [model (male/female)]

It took me forever to realize that the words class and race had to be omitted, and that male/female had to be input as 0 or 1, not the actual word "male" or "female". (And I still don't get why class/race starts at 1 while gender starts at 0, but that's beside the point)

Anyway, I've managed to create a female high elf paladin bot as follows:
#bot create muffy 3 5 1
#bot spawn muffy

but all Muffy does is stand there. How can I get her to follow me, or attack creatures? If someone could give me a specific instruction of the actual command to type in, rather than the cookbook, I'd appreciate it. As an example of what I can understand:

"Click on your main character and type "Muffy, follow""
or "Click on the mob and type "Muffy, attack""

rather than something like: #bot [attack/follow] [mob/char|options], please. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

Bots must be in a group before their 'AI' begins to process.

Either in a player group using /invite, or in a 'botgroup.'

You can type ^help or ^? to show a full list of bot commands.

The help function also allows for partial name matching.

Using the mainstream command system redirect, which it looks like you're doing, you can use #bot help or #bot ?.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-18-2020, 05:10 PM
lymontyme
Sarnak

/invite worked like a charm. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2020, 04:53 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Macro's are tremendously helpful too, depending on how many bots you are going to create and use on a regular basis. I have a macro that spawns the 5 bots I will group with, and 3 more to spawn groups 2-6, 7-11, and 12 (my server allows 71 bots to create a full 72-person 12 group raid)

i have macro's for attack, summon, guard, aggressive disc, give item. I would definitely recommend learning to use summon for positioning purposes.

I have macro's to remove items of which there are 2 slots (earrings, rings, weapons, bracers) because if your bot has both slots equipped, if you give them an upgrade, it will always replace slot #1, even if slot #2 is the weaker item. So what I do is remove both earrings, for example, then give them back the better of the 2, plus the new upgrade.

I personally don't have macro's for stuff like levi, invis, cure poison/disease/curse, but maybe you might find those useful as well.

There are so many more bot functions and features that I don't make use of so definitely use the help command like Uleat mentioned.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:03 PM
Aporia
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Bots must be in a group before their 'AI' begins to process.

Either in a player group using /invite, or in a 'botgroup.'

You can type ^help or ^? to show a full list of bot commands.

The help function also allows for partial name matching.

Using the mainstream command system redirect, which it looks like you're doing, you can use #bot help or #bot ?.
I am new to EQemu. These bots are so fascinating, fun, and versatile! Especially helpful when playing with younger children. I am very grateful for their inclusion!

I am curious, is there a way to "Bot-ify" a player's character? Like a toggle so the bot AI takes control of one of my box characters / accounts? Is that a dumb question? It seems it would help bridge the gap between Mercs and Bots since then it would be easier to manage the equipment of the "bot". Either way, thank you for these awesome fun tools.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:27 AM
Uleat
Developer

There was a rumor that a server had done something like that long ago .. but, nothing like that is currently available in our code.

Bots and clients don't share enough code to make it feasible atm.

Compilin' Dirty