Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 PM
tim horton
Fire Beetle

Default Charm kiting issues

Hi everyone and Happy Holidays! I have been away for EMU for little while and I love playing bards. I am having and issue on emu with charm kiting. basically it is when you charm a mob and sent it into battle , once it is low health you should be able to fade , go invisible and that breaks your charm spell. However this is not working as intended.
I know this wasn't an issue in the past. I am hoping someone much smarter then myself that can read code; is willing too have a look. I'll thank you in advance, I support emu and appreciate everything you guys do!
Have a safe and Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
Adele
(lvl 100 bard KMRA)
Old 12-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

I've noticed this as well, on live we would use "Tiny Cloak of the Darkest Night" in order to break charm. During swarm kiting on live this was used when the mob would be low health then we would break the charm then finish it off with dots.

Charm Kiting in general doesn't really work like live in Eqemu, I would be happy to demonstrate to any DEV who wishes to take on this challenge with my test bard on Raid Addicts.

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 01-06-2016, 05:09 PM
tim horton
Fire Beetle

Default Bard Charm no love

Well I get the feeling Bards Do not get much love on eqemulator. Only one follow-up post and no suggestions or input what so ever on the matter. If I really didn't like the class I wouldn't bother posting about a second time. I just know in my heart of hearts someone has the skills here to solve the issue.
I've looked into it myself, but I know nothing about Coding or pearl etc. I do however know that the problem has too do with the charmed mob showing up as a pet and the following is occurring:

1. the charmed mob resists all spell buffs and Might also be the reason you cannot memblur it, too break the charm ( such as fade memories or even fake dead).
2. that I might be possible in a way too use a command line too break charm line of spells. (like pet leave, or goon go away etc..) the basic Idea is too in a click return the mob too an non character NPC.

If anyone would be kind enough too look into this for me I would be grateful. this will also help enchanters and any other custom Item any server here makes that would allow a player too charm a mob. Long live EMU!

happy new year,
Adele
Old 01-06-2016, 06:47 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Live charm kiting guides mention needing an invis clicky, I assume this is because fade's invis is different and doesn't cause charm to break, although with the recent revamped fade changes on live that should no longer be true.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Charm will break on a Bard kiting with Fade, or an invis clicky , the advantage is to using an invis clicky is it will break and then the previous charmed pet will still pursue you even after you charm another mob and send it after it.

Please message me eqemu devs to work with you on the dynamics of bard charm kiting in EQ since I have been doing it forever on live.

Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org