Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default MySQL query failed - (you can't login to private server)

This is just something I ran in to, thought I would share the solution for those who might be looking.
If you saved your peq from a windows server and sourced it in to a linux server using your own private loginserver
but when you tried to login with your client and possibly got a message, "username and/or password invalid",
this is the problem I found:
The ./loginserver terminal was dumping a bunch of messages with MySQL query failed when the
./world connected to the login server. The server would still run but could not login with client.
This solution ONLY applies to why I was getting that message on mine.
There is 4 tables in the peq, NOTICE, these table names have both upper and lower case letters:
tblLoginServerAccounts
tblServerListType
tblServerAdminRegistration
tblWorldServerRegistration

For anyone that knows linux, everything it does in naming, commands, etc., is case sensitive.
When I sourced in the peq I had on my windows box, those table names were all in lower case letters.
So when I tried to login with client, the query could not find the account, could not find the table names.
It was a pain in the butt, but a simple fix. I downloaded the most recent peq zip and inside there was the
loadlogin.sql which updated the peq with the new tables.
before I sourced it in, I deleted the 4 tables that were in lower case letters. Then of course I had to redo the initial
settings in those tables for accounts, etc.
I used this script for sourcing in a new account, since it has the proper letter casing for the table:
Code:
INSERT INTO tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) VALUES('username', sha('password'), 'name@whatever.com', now(), '0.0.0.0');
Old 11-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's a lot of old and conflicting data in the project.

We try to keep the installation guides up-to-date with what to currently use..but, that's no small feat...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Yes, the guides on here, after being written, are like a car when you drive it off the lot.
It loses it's value shortly afterwards, for as fast as the development you guys spit out.
I really love how things have progressed with the eqemulator. I'm even looking at the
idea of going live with a simple server in a week or so. Can't get in to any considerable
population on the server. I only have a 35/down and 2.5/up connection. (Mbps) But it
could do for the casual, come and go players, in to a little solo/group server.