Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Exclamation Backstab problem

[I have question]

I have a PvP server and I try to backstab anoher player and it makes the "backstab" button use but no affacet happens

then I /d'd him then I could backstab him ??

any help would be awesome
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM
kedra
Sarnak

I have a hunch that we're experiencing the same problem. I was about to post a new thread, but I noticed this one so I'm just copying my post over:

I noticed this on my server (build 1129) yesterday but haven't really had any time to investigate what might be causing it.

The symptom is that a PC rogue is unable to backstab another PC where the level difference is 10 or more (I'm pretty sure it's -/+ 10, but I didn't have a lot of time to test it.). When I say the PC rogue is 'unable' to backstab another PC, I mean there is no attempted attack - no swing, no miss, no error message (in game or terminal), nothing. However, the rogue can backstab any level NPC without a problem.

I assumed I had made some changes to the source that were causing the problem, so I recompiled with unmodified source files but I'm still experiencing the problem.

I'm in the process of looking at TryBackstab and RogueBackstab in zone/special_attacks.cpp, but haven't found anything promising yet.

Any ideas?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Looks like the problem is a little bigger:

No special attacks work in PvP when the level difference is greater than 4.

Any ideas?