Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
holytouch
Fire Beetle

Default having issues with Hailing NPC's (yes, i have searched forms)

Howdy all,

I have tried to stand on the hex of the NPC and everything but cannot get any NPC's to respond to me. I am running error-free otherwise and can zone/purchase items, etc...

I have read here that I might need to use zoneperl instead of zone.exe but since i don't use either of those (i use eqlaunch zone) they may not apply to me.

I know I have not yet provided enough information to solve my issue, so please any smart board lurker ask me and I will quickly provide. I did install Perl on the server and install DBI and IO-Stringy, both installed fine. I have mysql running on the server with no issue at all.

Thanks in advance and I love this stuff!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:27 PM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you downloaded the quests and moved them into your eqemu/quests folder.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:44 PM
holytouch
Fire Beetle

i have, they are there. i also have perl58.dll in every directory and the proper version of perl 5.8.8.x...

i have followed the instructions and triple checked - things are where they should be. still, cannot hail/quest - is there a known error i should be looking for somewhere that could shed more light on all of this?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 PM
holytouch
Fire Beetle

i thought it would be best if i were far more specific, so here goes.

Problem: NPC's do not respond to 'Hail' nor do they give expected quests.

My setup:

Perl - using version 5.8.9 using build 825, Perl58.dll is in C:\eqemu, C:\windows\sytem32, and C:\ (verified was the same version in all three places and was in PATH variable

Zone.exe is dated 11/21/08 and is 3,480KB
World.exe is dated 11/21/08 and is 2,112KB
Eqlaunch is dated 10/21/08 and is 148KB

C:\Eqemu\Quests has 5471 Files, 6.05MB total storage
C:\Eqemu\Plugins has 15 files, 4.27KB total storage
C:\Eqemu\Maps has 293 files, 1.18GB total storage

I can login fine, run around and zone into every zone, just cannot interact with 'Hail'. shops work fine, can buy and sell. Mobs drop loot.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Perl 5.8.8.822 is the recommend version. None of my stuff worked until I switched to this version.

I recommend trying that first.

The rest of your dates/sizes are identical to mine (besides quests cause I have a bunch of edited quests).
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Do you receive any error messages in your terminal window?

A while back I had the same symptoms you are having and eventually got it fixed, but it might not be the same thing. The error I was receiving is in my first post at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22891

Good luck!