Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Valaquent
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a Server

What I am looking for in a server is pretty much as follows:

1. Solo / duo content; my wife and I both play, and we can be very busy, sometimes we need to go afk at short notice and as such grouping and raiding can be difficult (plus, to be honest, there are days when I am just plain anti-social).

2. Slower progression; We're not usually in a rush to get to the top, quite honestly the trip is often the most fun. Not to mention once at the top content tends to be more group / raid oriented, which brings me back to #1.

3. Low custom zones; We played Live for a few years and the live zones have become like old friends. A few tastefully done new ones might be alright, but nothing too extreme. Tweaked loot tables are alright as well, though nothing like the random loot servers.

4. PvE focus; neither of us has any desire to PvP.

What would be really nice to find would be a server where it pretty much vanilla zones, but tweaked for smaller groups.

From what I understand, Jest3 sounded great, but I also am of the understanging it no longer exists. Is this correct?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:27 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

http://clumsys-world.com

I think our server would match your criteria perfectly. We have dedicated GMs too who do GM events bi-weekly - monthly (sometimes more, depends on work load).

Classic Progression Server - Highest Level after three weeks is 41.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Talisan
Fire Beetle

Valaquent, I'm about in the same boat as you are with about the same desires. =)

I was trying The Grand Creation and having fun with it, but it went down a bit over a week ago. I really don't want to be rolling up on new servers constantly, so I'm hesitant to try anything that has been up less than a year.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Most of the preferred servers have been around a long time. Also, Scars of Amerous and my server, Storm Haven have both been up for quite a while. I know my server isn't going anywhere anytime soon :P
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Vae
Fire Beetle

I play with my boyfriend on the Irreverent server. It's soloable so you don't have to box if you don't want to. It just requires levels and gear to do the "raid" content. I really enjoy it and we are taking our time going back and doing the old world content that we were never able to do on live.