Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:38 AM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

I knew it Hope to see you soon!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 AM
kedra
Sarnak

Yea, there will be a lot of balancing and tweaking to do. Keep in mind that this is still in a very early phase and there are, of course, no promises that it will even be completed. I just want something to work on.

I'll be working slowly but (hopefully) steadily and if, at the very end, it turns out to be a flop, I may not open it up. But with any luck it will turn out successful.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Richardo
Banned

No one remembers Dark Horizons? :(
Old 10-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

I do richardo.

Best 6.0 dr2 server ever.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:12 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

sounds great, we had some epic battles outside of freeport, I hope Odium(Xeb),Kazowi, and jeff all come back!

2 things that could improve based on the old COH server, limit boxing to 2 and have a better hack dector in place.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:13 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

if this concept fails, I would love to see old COH back with item loot!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardo View Post
No one remembers Dark Horizons? :(
I remember that server. Had some of the best openzone stuff ;D
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

We need another pvp server, please let us know if you need testers!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
kedra
Sarnak

I'd like to get feedback every now and then as I begin to address some specific mechanics of gameplay.

So let me know if you guys have any questions or feedback or spot any potential problems or exploits with what I'm working on.
  • There will be no banks. Instead, players will have access to plenty of large weight reduction bags (probably 100%). To 'bank' money, players can buy certain lightweight, stackable items which can be sold and bought at a 1:1 ratio.
  • Currently, it's unrestricted PvP but members of the same guild cannot harm each other. This will apply to player pets, too.
  • When a player level 11 or higher is killed by another player of any level (or another players pet) he will leave a corpse that may be looted completely. The dead player will become level 1 and lose spells and skills. The dead player may attempt to recover his corpse if he wishes.

I'll try to get feedback on other things as I encounter them.

Thanks,
Kedra
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedra View Post
I'd like to get feedback every now and then as I begin to address some specific mechanics of gameplay.

So let me know if you guys have any questions or feedback or spot any potential problems or exploits with what I'm working on.
  • There will be no banks. Instead, players will have access to plenty of large weight reduction bags (probably 100%). To 'bank' money, players can buy certain lightweight, stackable items which can be sold and bought at a 1:1 ratio.
  • Currently, it's unrestricted PvP but members of the same guild cannot harm each other. This will apply to player pets, too.
  • When a player level 11 or higher is killed by another player of any level (or another players pet) he will leave a corpse that may be looted completely. The dead player will become level 1 and lose spells and skills. The dead player may attempt to recover his corpse if he wishes.

I'll try to get feedback on other things as I encounter them.

Thanks,
Kedra
I dig the no banking option, makes sense for what you are planning, has a definite discordia feel(which I never got to participate in), the level 11 limit seems fair, griefers will kill level 11's, smart players will turn this into a large guild vs guild server with extremely high stakes.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

No bankers is pointless unless you limit IPs to 1 or everything is nodrop. People will just log in a PvP immune toon and hand them off their loot.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:00 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Another small update:

Players will be given full control over the creation of guilds by means of an in-game command. Only one player will be needed to create a guild, so players can potentially create their own personal guild if they want to. This will be instantaneous; there will be no need to wait for admin to facilitate it.

Of course, players can't just keep creating guilds, they will have to disband their current guild before making a new one. I will manually monitor the guilds that are created to make sure the names are appropriate.

Zones are looking like...
Start / Safe Zone: Tutorial
Toxxulia Forest
Rivervale
North Freeport
Field of Bone
Warslik's Woods
+1 High-end raid/group encounter zone
+1 'Special' zone

Also, players will only be able to bind in the tutorial zone.

That's about all I've got for right now. I'm going to work on getting a website up eventually.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
kedra
Sarnak

I've thrown together a website and forum. I'll mostly be announcing updates there now if anyone is interested in keeping up with this.

http://cohpvp.net/
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Estrang
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedra View Post
Another small update:

Players will be given full control over the creation of guilds by means of an in-game command. Only one player will be needed to create a guild, so players can potentially create their own personal guild if they want to. This will be instantaneous; there will be no need to wait for admin to facilitate it.

Of course, players can't just keep creating guilds, they will have to disband their current guild before making a new one. I will manually monitor the guilds that are created to make sure the names are appropriate.

Zones are looking like...
Start / Safe Zone: Tutorial
Toxxulia Forest
Rivervale
North Freeport
Field of Bone
Warslik's Woods
+1 High-end raid/group encounter zone
+1 'Special' zone

Also, players will only be able to bind in the tutorial zone.

That's about all I've got for right now. I'm going to work on getting a website up eventually.
I like seeing two cities as pvp zones, awesome!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Lenowin
Fire Beetle

I would play the hell out of this server, keep us updated