Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

Default Vanguard Free Month

The great disappointment that was Vanguard is offering free play until the end of January. Sounded like you could just download the free trial and patch to full game if you never bought the retail.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:44 AM
trevius
Developer

I would love to see a Vanguard Emulator lol. I think a custom VG world could blow away their live stuff. The game has alot of cool features, but the content and progression just aren't quite fun. I used to run a somewhat popular fansite for it back when it was in beta and for about 6 months after it came out, but it just got so boring that we gave up on the site :X The ideals of the game sounded so great, but they just had poor implementation IMO.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Demi-God

Vanguard netcode is a nightmare, I wish luck to anyone who ventures into the nightmare they call VanEmu :P

They may have improved it, but I doubt it considering the people on their team... Their lead developer is the former developer for PlanetSide which was formerly 'lead support' for MMO games.

We all know how well PlanetSide turned out in the end, they are down to one server now. (By the way PlanetSide's netcode is as much of a nightmare if not more than Vanguard).
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:07 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

VG came out nearly 2 years ago now and I havent heard of any new content other than 1 raid zone added a year ago,. Truthfully, Im surprised people are still willing to pay for a beta game.

Everytime Ive bothered to check into whats going on with the game, theres been constant complaints about how this update broke more than it fixed. Whoever their coders are, they just suck.

Emu has progressed more in these last 6 months than VG has in the last 2 years.

They should just release it to the public domain and buy it from whomever manages to come out with a working game.