Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:29 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

They changed fucking table structures the DAY we released kunark, Really annoying it always seems to happen that way. Follow the updated 6.0 walkthrough on emu page and it works flawlessly though.

Don't say the DB sucks when it's really just you, or you'd be seeing 787878787 threads OMG KUNARK SUCKS IT WONT WORK.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:03 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
They changed fucking table structures the DAY we released kunark, Really annoying it always seems to happen that way. Follow the updated 6.0 walkthrough on emu page and it works flawlessly though.

Don't say the DB sucks when it's really just you, or you'd be seeing 787878787 threads OMG KUNARK SUCKS IT WONT WORK.
hmmm I dunno about the database is seems to be ok for a starter
database and a lot more than anyone else has given the community.and is by no means complete in any way but I think it's not kewl to say it sucks just because it dont work with your outdated server.
I use PEQ Kurnak and it is fine to play with untill the next release gives us POP and so on if you really wanted to contribute to the community then I suggest shareing all the custom quest you have made so others can benifit from all your hard work...
and I thank anyone who makes a Database and shares it regardless of what it has.

ps: "SOL"I like the way you said fucking table "lol"...
that just my 2 coppers you can bank them...

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-03-2004, 08:35 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Nothing will ever be "complete" But we have the most truely collected nameds than anybody hands down. I guarantee that. Same for pathing and loot. Faction will never be great. but it's a lot better than it used to be.

As far as zones, sure. not complete. never claimed to be. When Luclin and pop rolls around though i promise it will be 1000000x better than the 5.7 alpha1 pile of mess

If you have ever tried searching for an item or npc in our db you'd realize just how complete it really is. Barring a few rare occasions, we have every npc recorded on hackersquest, which is a LOT, if not all. (Some, especially in velious are in the db but not set to spawn because they will need to be manually placed)

Kunark is the first expansion to have this level of named accuracy thanks to a conversion script of the HQ database. All future releases will include these npcs as well. So you are stabbing yourself in the foot to not use them imo. But to each his own.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I have followed the walkthrough many times and the best I can get is into my server with a character for it to just freeze up on me after about one second, no errors no warnings just freeze then have to reboot my computer , this seems to happen to anyone getting on it , and perl version is even worse.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-04-2004, 01:15 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
I have followed the walkthrough many times and the best I can get is into my server with a character for it to just freeze up on me after about one second, no errors no warnings just freeze then have to reboot my computer , this seems to happen to anyone getting on it , and perl version is even worse.

and that has what to do with the PEQ database ????

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

well it sounds like a database issue to me , the EQEMU 6.0 source seems to be running fine. and I can run My database and get in but mobs and quests are fudged , just running the peq database causes this freezing . Mabey im wrong though I dont know mabey its because its November and not December or mabey cause its Thursday and not Friday ...

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-04-2004, 04:48 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
well it sounds like a database issue to me
It's not.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:15 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Sakarati, if you have such an amazing database, why not release it so the community can benefit from your hard work?

BTW this is not intended as a flame or a sarcastic question, so please do not take it as such.

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I have talked to Smogo I believe it was about helping out with the quest depository , Which I think is an excellent idea and hopefully will be adding my quests there as soon as I can get them all catagorized . And I dont take that question as a flame or sarcasm so np , This whole post was not suppose to get as out of hand as it has , its just that I asked a simple question and Soto being the L33t person he is instead of trying to help has always got to start out with a bad attitude to any question. As a matter of fact I cant even remember what my origianl question was now.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Actually you started with the bad attitude.

I very helpfully and very nicely just pointed out that using 5.7 and reporting bugs is pointless, because 95% of them were fixed with the 6.0 releases. You took that the wrong way and started to flame me with direct insults to the people who worked on the database (blaming code issues on the database mind you). It's you that should watch what you say, you'll just end up pissing more people off.

Quote:
unless you upgrade to 6.0 reporting bugs is pointless
5.7 is a completely different game than 6.0 imo
Sorry, but i am having a hard time seeing how this is in any way a bad attitude in any form or fashion.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

LoL I believe iISTARTED this post with a question not a bad attitude , that would be on page 1 if your not sure , need a link Soto my boy ?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-04-2004, 08:56 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Never said you started the post with one. Just that you started the bad attitude. I did not have one until you insulted our database on the basis of a server code issue.