Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Default Weird problem with mobs showing health

Im having a problem in a couple of zones where when someone kills an NPC and someone else comes over to it it is showing it still has life , you can target it and it shows full health or little health , but because it is really dead you can not attack it of course, anyone know what may cause this bug and/or how to fix it ?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

What day was your code compiled? There was a Perl Compile released on... I think it was the 28th or 29th that was supposed to fix that bug, I think.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:51 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Oops, guess i should have stated , this is a 5.7DR6 server

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
yup... that was fixed in the new source.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-02-2004, 07:57 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
unless you upgrade to 6.0 reporting bugs is pointless
5.7 is a completely different game than 6.0 imo
Old 11-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Thanks for the input Soto but its not pointless , I have had many people help me out since everyone else went to 6.0 , and there are still a few using the version I am , which is way less buggy and alot more content then 6.0. Oh and by telling me there is not a fix for it is an answer in itself , I just needed to know if there was anything I can do to fix it, found out I cant and thats all I needed to know. And I was not reporting a bug, I was of the mind this problem had something to do with a world building problem, mabey to many of the same mob in one area or such because it only happens in two new areas I have made up , Has never happened in any other zone , But I will take your two copper and mabey buy some rations thanx.

P.S Thanks for the serious answers sdabbs65 and Sarepean

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Muuss
Dragon

with a lil bit of work, you could certainly migrate your 5.7 db to 6.0 and use the latest EQemu Release ? this would help you to get rid of old fixed bugs !
Old 11-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Yes I am in the process of trying to do that but I have been having alot of problems with perl working and I have many custom quests I dont want to lose nor all of the player accounts I have. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or not but keep having alot of bugs with 6.0., I will keep trying though until I can get it to work bug free , Thanks Muuss.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Muuss
Dragon

I meant, you could move the content of your 5.7 db to 6.0 format and then use 6.0 source. Doing this, npc IDs won't change, so wont the quests, etc...

the idea would be :
source PEQ kunark
dump its structure, not its data
rebuild a new and empty DB with the structure

dump the datas from 5.7, with full inserts (ie insert into table where id=4, name='muuss'). mysqldump knows how to do this.
source the datas into the 6.0 struct.

You may have a few things that happen, like players losing their inventory/bank... i dit this at home, and obtained a workable 6.0 db, so i guess anybody else may do it )
Old 11-03-2004, 02:13 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
which is way less buggy and alot more content then 6.0
what dream world are you living in?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Muuss
Dragon

5.7 has more content... tho i agree with Sot. for the bugs and the overall quality, PEQ classic+kunark is really impressive !
Old 11-03-2004, 02:20 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Oh you're talking about the alpha 1 database? More content? Well sure but it's bug ridden and incomplete. and the loot system is garbage. Faction is untweaked... It's no comparison. at all. And about 50+ bugs were fixed from 5.7 -> 6.0 So i stand by my statement. There is NO comparison between 5.7 and 6.0
Old 11-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

No comparison in the origanal database , faction has been updated on my server along with alot of other problems fixed, all hand work , hence the reason not wanting to lose it , you might know what your talking about when it comes to the original release Soto but you have no idea what I have done to my database , is it your job to get on and just argue points or something you just like to do ? So there IS a comparison in the two , I have tried 6.0 and my database kicks its ass thank you very much .

I will try what you suggested Muuss thanks for the serious replys

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I think the point was, 6.0 has too many fixes and feature additions to count. ANY database can be converted to 6.0 and using the dated buggy 5.7 is living in the past. Do what you want, but you are only limiting yourself

Quote:
I have tried 6.0 and my database kicks its ass thank you very much
Funny, your database kicks the crap out of the 6.0 source. considering how they are completely different things (one being sourcecode which runs the server, another being a database that simply has mob info, locations, etc), thats pretty funny.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:10 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I am talking about the available database for the 6.0 not the source, it is the database I have issues with NOT the source code , when I have tried to source it into my existing database it fugs it all up. The available 6.0 DB sucks

Game Gallery

My Forums