Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-09-2004, 06:59 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
If thats so do you think there should be no welfare at all?
To be honest, yes. We should get rid of all welfare, both individual AND corporate welfare programs.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Daeath
Sarnak

Wow Baron - I'm suprised by your quick wit and copious, scholastic lexicon. Amazing.

Since when do people really know anything? Think about it - with what little brain cells any of you didn't 'shoot into the primordial ooze' with the rest of your dignity... Who really understands what's going on, as a whole, in this country - or in countries around us? First off, I'm not one of them - nor is the President. The average, typical American citizen is pretty ignorant - as a whole - to all the vast details of every issue that plagues our society. Do you know who really understands our problems and the best *possible* solution? They don't live amongst us - for the government has seen fit to lock them away in giant 'think tanks' - spilling insane amounts of greenbacks into thier lap so they never want to leave. It's the genius' of this country that rule - not the political puppet-monkey from Texas.

The President of America has so little power - pay attention tomorrow in your 5th grade class and your nice teacher will help the class understand that there are three ("3") branches of power: Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. The President can't wipe America's arse without permission from the Senate, the house, and the chief justices. He may have some veto privilege, but it's very limited and weak in its use.

Bush is a great puppet - he follows what his advisors encourage him very well, because he understands that he is just like the typical American - ignorant to all the facts. Kerry's too high on himself, his money, his heritage, his fancy-ketchup wife. I don't think he'd have the humility to accept what those who really know what's going on had to say - and would want to please the average Baron for his meager vote so he could stay in office and say that he was one of the most powerful men on the planet.

Dangerous.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Bush is a great puppet - he follows what his advisors encourage him very well, because he understands that he is just like the typical American - ignorant to all the facts. Kerry's too high on himself, his money, his heritage, his fancy-ketchup wife. I don't think he'd have the humility to accept what those who really know what's going on had to say - and would want to please the average Baron for his meager vote so he could stay in office and say that he was one of the most powerful men on the planet.
Amen.

Cheney is the ultimate puppeteer.
Go puppet-monkey 2004! FOUR MORE YEARS!
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
XxMadHatterxX
Fire Beetle

"Values"? I'm sorry, but what we have as of now are just laws protecting our well-being and health. And sure Kerry was a terrible candidate, but I would have rather had him as our president than W. What they're trying to do now if force certain Religious aspects on our every day lives. That's my opinion.

Quote:
...his fancy-ketchup wife.
That one made me laugh out loud...xD. I actually found that funny.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:46 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMadHatterxX
"Values"? I'm sorry, but what we have as of now are just laws protecting our well-being and health. And sure Kerry was a terrible candidate, but I would have rather had him as our president than W. What they're trying to do now if force certain Religious aspects on our every day lives. That's my opinion.
Well, we are able to eat fast food every day, that would cause us heart attack be age 40. Our children can eat candy/drink soda every day, which could lead to diabetes. We can drink and smoke which lead to all sorts of diseases. So no, the laws are not just "for our health and well being."

Drugs, gambling, prostitutuion, gay marriage, abortion rights (if repealed) are ALL value based laws passed by intrusive christians pushing their belief systems on the general public.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

big words don't do much if you force them into a sentance to try and impress people fool, learn to speak from the heart and not bullshit fed to you through the media, your eyes are glued the fuck shut irl

btw wtf are you doing talking about his money, u think bush worked his way out of the ghetto into the streets to voice for the people?

didn't I tell you not to bother replying to me? learn to size up before you step up bitch
Old 11-09-2004, 02:52 PM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_addict_08
Quote:
what we have as of now are just laws protecting our well-being and health.
Well, we are able to eat fast food every day, that would cause us heart attack be age 40. Our children can eat candy/drink soda every day, which could lead to diabetes. We can drink and smoke which lead to all sorts of diseases. So no, the laws are not just "for our health and well being."
He referred to existing laws. You referred to non-existing laws. I don't understand how you are drawing your conclusion. However, consider this: what if a law was passed which banned smoking outright? Or if fast food were outlawed? Would our rights be infringed? Would this benefit our well-being and health?

Quote:
Drugs, gambling, prostitutuion, gay marriage, abortion rights (if repealed) are ALL value based laws passed by intrusive christians pushing their belief systems on the general public.
True, these may or may not be value-based. But do not assume that if law or thought seems to have a footing in "values" that it is excluded from anything else. Do you believe that everyone against legalizing pot believes so because they are some intrusive Christian?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Zisct1
Sarnak

See how it says "Former Developer" by her name? Didnt she leave?

Guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcguirk
cause there too busy keeping the crowd of blind idiots entertained.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

do I even have to reply to that? I see fucking former developer, I don't see, I QUIT THE BOARDS NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN. bet you feel smart.

how about you fucking think instead of pushing reply next time?

why do you idiots keep trying? you fucking fail everytime you come up with some stupid arguement
Old 11-09-2004, 08:06 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0oni9
Quote:
Quote:
what we have as of now are just laws protecting our well-being and health.
He referred to existing laws. You referred to non-existing laws. I don't understand how you are drawing your conclusion. However, consider this: what if a law was passed which banned smoking outright? Or if fast food were outlawed? Would our rights be infringed? Would this benefit our well-being and health?

Quote:
True, these may or may not be value-based. But do not assume that if law or thought seems to have a footing in "values" that it is excluded from anything else. Do you believe that everyone against legalizing pot believes so because they are some intrusive Christian?
Ok, what I was triing to show here, is that "if" laws were truly based on protection of the individual from him/herself, fast food, soda, booze, ect would have laws against them as well. So, since we do allow people to damage themselves, we just pick an choose the ways they can? No. The drugs, gambling, etc. bans, restrictions are in place because someones "value" system says "dem is bad shizzle." THat is the only reason for them at the moment.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:05 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Sorry!!
Old 11-09-2004, 11:56 PM
mrea
Discordant

So you show that some people see it your way... Looks like a lot more people saw it my way... bitch

in fact... 3.5 million

Old 11-10-2004, 04:45 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Ok, what I was triing to show here, is that "if" laws were truly based on protection of the individual from him/herself, fast food, soda, booze, ect would have laws against them as well.
I know what you are trying to say. What I am telling you is that your reasoning is fallacious. In a sack I have five socks, all of which are red. You say that I also have 2 blue balls (haha) in the sack, therefore there is a sock that is not red.

I am not saying laws are or are not based on individual protection. The majority may very well be based on group protection (ie: of society).

Quote:
So, since we do allow people to damage themselves, we just pick an choose the ways they can?
This is a question of society. Do you think that drug use, gambling, prostitution, etc. does not have an effect on a community? Do you believe that what one person does in a community does not affect another? We do not live in a vacuum. I have seen what many of these things lead to in my own family, and I am sure that is part of the reason I am against them.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:37 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0oni9
This is a question of society. Do you think that drug use, gambling, prostitution, etc. does not have an effect on a community? Do you believe that what one person does in a community does not affect another? We do not live in a vacuum. I have seen what many of these things lead to in my own family, and I am sure that is part of the reason I am against them.
Well, actually what any adult does in his/her own life certainly could have an effect on others. But, I could be giving it to your mom right now, and throw her 3 hun after i get done, and if we both agreed to it first it wouldn't affect anyone else. Hell we may be flying high on cocaine while getting it on. She takes a cab home, I bask in my glory. Who else does that damage now?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:53 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Well, actually what any adult does in his/her own life certainly could have an effect on others. But, I could be giving it to your mom right now, and throw her 3 hun after i get done, and if we both agreed to it first it wouldn't affect anyone else.
Well sure, if you want to make some hopeful assumptions, for instance: the interaction will not affect relationships with anyone else. You are effectively saying that if X agrees to Y, then X is not affected by Y. Experiences directly influence behavior, and likewise relationships. How do you know that I am stable, and will not do something extreme, like commit suicide, after learning of this?