Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:42 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Default Classic tutorial

I noticed the original tutorial zone is implemented in the game. I'm working on recreating it for my server, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to do this before me? I'm having trouble figuring out a few things, like how to deal with the fact that not everyone will be a cleric (there's a trainer and a spell dropped to scribe).
If anyone has actually recreated this and wants to share the quest files I wouldn't be mad.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:16 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So couple things you should know right off the bat, You will need to add the tutorial zone as an option on character creation for their starting zone. Second make sure you put a teleporter at the end of the tutorial. The original zone line for that is Glitched so you either need to correct the zone line in the DB or add a custom npc to move players to their new zone. I am unsure if the zone line is hard coded thought. Since the original tutorial functioned as a online and offline. And im assuming your talking about the tutorial zone that has you spawn in the center of a lake with the 2 big white stone slabs.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:43 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Yeah, that one. I dropped a proximity NPC at the bottom of the pit and I’m working on a script that would send them to their starting area when they enter it. But I want to avoid a situation where I have to create a trainer for each class for the guildhall. I was thinking of a system where when you hail the guy, it’d check your class and then change him to your GM class, but not sure how to change the NPC class yet.
I was wondering if anyone had been able to recreate it themselves.
I considered making it instanced, so when you zone in it’d create and send you to an instanced version of it but it might be cool to have multiple people there too.

I think I know how to set it as the tutorial.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:28 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Honestly there is enough buildings there you could just do a trainer for each class. and just do multiple trainers per building. Have like the necromancer sk trainer in the graveyard ect.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:08 PM
Splose
Banned

https://i.gyazo.com/4f69116ca9fced60...3eb1c46d10.mp4

You can use the Door plugin (actually think it has been ported to the source) and add extra tents etc.

The link up there has some of the stuff I've put in myself.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:56 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Cool ideas. I want to try to keep it as true to the classic experience as possible though. I remember playing it as a kid before I had my own account. Good memories.