Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

The Realm also runs a pure PEQ database with none of the mobs toned down, since it allows bots. You can custom run an entire raid as you please, doing raid encounters at EQ level difficulty.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
paxprobellum
Fire Beetle

I started playing on Gnomish Proving Grounds. So far I like it a lot. There's no customization except for Jboots drop in Najena still. Its a progression server, they just opened IC in velious (rest of velious is closed). Experience until 50 is 2-4x (I got to 20 in about 3 hours). Same char names as on PEQ (Beleg, Flinn, and Zahaba).
Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Unholycow
Fire Beetle

I started doing homework again, and reading books.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:09 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholycow View Post
I started doing homework again, and reading books.

Sux getting back to real life doesnt it COW? lol lets hope this doesnt turn into 2 weeks like last time when obama was there......
Old 12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
paxprobellum
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostriderdoom View Post
Sux getting back to real life doesnt it COW? lol lets hope this doesnt turn into 2 weeks like last time when obama was there......
Maybe Obama's evil plan to save our economy is to crash game servers around the states so people will have to go back to "working" and "learning" and such
Old 12-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Cristos
Fire Beetle

/sigh ... Erudites... they're all brains -- not enough cock and balls!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
morbidz
Fire Beetle

Default any updates

CD are there any updates as of yet?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Savnok
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkalas D`Lonovan View Post
Savnok nailed it. [SOLO] The Irreverent Server is the closest I've come to finding something similar PEQ, everything else is highly customized. Many thanks.

~ Varkalas D`Lonovan (Dark Elf Necromancer), Eldanen D`Lonovan (Iksar Monk)

Well for the PEQ refuges this allows you to jump ino the game again and level quick while we wait to see what happened with PEQ. True, The Irreverent isn't customized much at all but the experience gain is 5x and the mobs, while they can still murder you, are scaled in a way that you can solo most of them (even some raid mobs) and I am told there was also group content recently added.

So it's a quick way to jump back into the game and if PEQ never comes back I may stay on The Irreverent. There are some mouthy bitches on there who feel as though the new influx are lagging up thier game but there are just as many nicer players.

No advanced /say #peqzone commands but there is a Porter in PoK making things a bit more ..realistic?

See you all on PEQ if it ever resurects.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 PM
rabidpotatochip
Fire Beetle

Just so you know... most, if not all, of those "mouthy bitches" on Irreverent's server are also nice people.

They're foul-mouthed angels.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Loeil
Fire Beetle

Lol I feel cursed ... Irreverent server is down too
Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Savnok
Fire Beetle

Someone on Irreverent has heard rumor that they are not coming back BUT I really doubt PEQ would simply pull its plug on us without a word notice. Rumor (and it is exactly that right now) is that they can't afford to run it anymore.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:29 AM
rabidpotatochip
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeil View Post
Lol I feel cursed ... Irreverent server is down too
Net access to his whole area is down right now. His ISP is trying to fix it, but to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been fixed yet.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Loeil
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnok View Post
Someone on Irreverent has heard rumor that they are not coming back BUT I really doubt PEQ would simply pull its plug on us without a word notice. Rumor (and it is exactly that right now) is that they can't afford to run it anymore.
This is a silly rumor. The source absolutly dont know what he is talking about.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

If they needed money to stay afloat i am sure they would have asked for it. For a rented server it would be what 25 a month? At least that is how much it cost for one when I was working on the dawn of light DAoC emulator which was enough to support 200 easily (any higher and the memory leak server code had would reach system cap which was 1.5 gb and crash).

At that price everyone donate 50 cents a month and we are easily in business. If in all honesty it is a money issue let me know and i am sure many will throw you some bones.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:24 AM
SteelerMan73
Fire Beetle

yes, if there is any need of monetary units, all PEQ has to do is ask. there is multiple people on the server that is very willing to donate. later Avilard
Closed Thread