Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I've seen some strangeness with 941, compiled on FC4. Sometimes when I zone, it'll say "You have entered perl5.8/blahblah/something.pl" (not sure what the text is exactly), and yesterday I could GM myself. but my name wouldn't go green. I switched to PEQ-raw (from Cavedudes old one I've been torturing to death) and I could GM myself fine. Not sure what I've done, cuz aside from a few doors and fog, I haven't really changed the database much.

But I too am starting to believe 941 might not be so stable.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

That last source I posted had files missing - this one was packed straight off my server source, should all be there.
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/file...lox-940.tar.gz

I've had this for a while and don't remember much about it, just a mess of files everywhere
Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 AM
cutterjohn
Fire Beetle

Sorry, been playing around with the base 933 + pew.

So you do the angelox db? I'll have to look and see what the difference are with that one...

Oh, the link in your post is broken. I'd like to try that version, but even if it wasn't broken, I'm not sure if a) I'd get around to building it, or b) still be able to figure out how to get what I presume is a VS7(?) project to build in VS6. I've done it once before, but it was quite a while ago... (That, and I never installed visual studio again since upgrading over the summer... )
Old 01-06-2007, 10:21 AM
cutterjohn
Fire Beetle

Thanks again for all the help guys. This is really making me think about swapping out the old PII mb that I'm using for a server router ATM & put in that 1G Athlon, finding some cheap(hah!) PC133 memory and some more EIDE drives and getting a little more adventurous with this...

(I really don't like running it on my main x86 desktop, but I've not got much of a choice ATM. The PII is actually running a coppermine celeron @ 500M w/c. 164M RAM and an itty bitty 12G or so drive plus Ubuntu server 6.10... but If I can put all the pieces together, I should be able to swap that drive, add another and have fun... might even try getting it to work with postgresql, but I'll have to see what the diffs in the perl modules are like...)

On an entirely unrelated note, I never really realized how much Minions of Mirth was like the old Everquest after not having played EQ for 6 or 7y... I also never really realized just how database driven these games were until I browsed through the MoM stuff, then had it hammered home by eqemu setup and operation.

EQ's graphics haven't aged gracefully though, but I hope when the live version gets packed up for good, that somebody releases an official server or the means to allow the emulators to 100% impersonate them... of course knowing the parent company, I think that freezing and hell come to mind...
Old 01-06-2007, 04:05 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn
EQ's graphics haven't aged gracefully though, but I hope when the live version gets packed up for good, that somebody releases an official server or the means to allow the emulators to 100% impersonate them... of course knowing the parent company, I think that freezing and hell come to mind...
Ironic you would mention this, because just today I was walking around more of the EQLive landscape than I have in years... and I noticed the populations. 1 player in these zones, and that player was me, or one mage with their uberpet. Even PoK had 18 players. I about fell off my chair. Started me thinking, not if - but WHEN EQ1 dies, I hope to God this Emulator can pick up the slack, because while I am not an avid, hardcoregamer, I do love this game most. Crappy gfx or not.

This scenario is what has lit my fuse to get better data, and try to stablize this product. If SOE closes the door, what would we wish we still had access to? (I am on the enb-emulator project too, and believe me, that one hurts with no server to sniff from).
Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 AM
ArChron
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn
(I really don't like running it on my main x86 desktop, but I've not got much of a choice ATM. The PII is actually running a coppermine celeron @ 500M w/c. 164M RAM and an itty bitty 12G or so drive
I'm with ya cutterjohn... working on resurrecting my old Abit dual Celeron 500MHz machine just so I can offload the EMU and MySQL from my desktop. With the DB, Emu, me, and two sons connected from the network, I get hammered everytime they zone.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:22 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Wow. You guys with all your total crap old hardware j/k

I was worried that my rather robust P4 3.0 w/2GB RAM and Raid0 10,000rpm drives were going to be insufficient to run an Emu... Now, I am confident it is ok, and only glaring at my bandwidth.

Thank you for the confidence!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:51 AM
cutterjohn
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Wow. You guys with all your total crap old hardware j/k

I was worried that my rather robust P4 3.0 w/2GB RAM and Raid0 10,000rpm drives were going to be insufficient to run an Emu... Now, I am confident it is ok, and only glaring at my bandwidth.

Thank you for the confidence!
@John Adams psssh, that should run it no problem... What's your current desktop setup? Core 2? I need me at least a E6600, soonest I think...

While I haven't really checked too closely, it would appear that mysql plus the emu is not all that heavy of a load, or at least with my 5 zone load setup. It runs stably at around 400M used for mysql, emu stuff plus OS.

That said, I'd iagine that it'd be best to have a serving machine have at least 512M, likely preferably 768M just to be safe and soe FAST drives if planning on hosting more than 5 or so people. I'd expect that 1-3 could get away on the low end specs of 512M, whatever drives, and c. 500M cpu with a lite OS e.g. minimal linux or *BSD install.

I'll try experimenting sometime in the, hopefully, near future on my current setup if I can dig up some more RAM. (I think that I may be able to scavenge some from another machine that dates back to approx. the same age as my current server, but it may have all 32M modules which won't be helpful... I'm hoping that they're 64M or 128M...)

The 1G Athlon isn't going to get setup for a while, because no matter how I cut it, I'm going to have find/buy some PC100 or, preferably, PC133 RAM somewhere. (Trying to track down some reasonable prices, but I'll probably have to hit some tradeshows or swap meets or something for that...)

Also fixed a quest for cavedude the other day, the kaladim "going postal" quest... had a rather obvious bug, that I'm afraid to say that I overlooked several times until I ran the client in a window and notepad with the quest perl open next to it... d'oh dupe entrie. One w/o a spawn quest item line, and the second with the spawn quest item line, but a misspelling in the quest text... haven't had much time since then but I plan to go through more of the kaladim/butcherblood mtn quests as I go.)
Old 01-14-2007, 08:54 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, I know my hardware rocks (for desktop pc standards anyway). That machine is just one of my servers. My desktop is an XP box with similar stats, which has no problem just playing the game live or emu.

At one time (when TESS was running live), I had spawned 30 static and 10 dynamic zones. The server was barely stirring as far as utilization - but that was with maybe 2-4 players. My concerns start when there are 25-50 or more. I know bandwidth might be the issue then. Plus, I have a "mini farm" set up here (for my job) of 4 servers spec'd like above - 2 Windows Server 2003 x64, and 2 Linux FC4 and a FC5 x64 ("No really, honey. I do need this stuff for work. I swear!") Try selling that to the missus I *could* always spread my zones around on those servers...

Btw, I am scouring eBay lately looking for a good deal on a Dell PowerEdge. A place I have yet to go in my home-networking experiments; a >real< server.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Tanyard
Fire Beetle

Default same problem originally...

i cant see my server on the server list - i dont understand hardly anything of what you were talking about when you fixed it - just starting this stuff - i need assistance resolving this - thank you
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM
jjggbb
Fire Beetle

>So, after reading about your comment wrt LoginType in the variables I went >and checked it to find the %#^&^*&@%*&@$%7!!!! EMPTY!

>So I tried the guide suggested copy and paste all INSERT query into the query >browser, bang complains about duplicate ailevel. Ok, so I remove it try again, >still complains about it. Look at the variables table, and only ailevel is present. >WTF?!

I discovered that using the SQL gui, you have to put the cursor at the end of each line and click execute on each individual line. You probably only executed the last line. Anyway, my variables table is full now, but I still con't seem to get the login up. I will plug away some more and see if I can fix it.