Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:09 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Somethng funny here. When a person first makes an account it wants to put the first number of the IP in the revoked column and then nothing in the IP column but when they do it a second time it puts the entire IP in the IP column correctly but the number that was put in the revoked column is still there.... I dont even know what the revoked column is for lol...

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'm attempting to get this to work on my systems now (and I'll try not to ask for support, hehe), but here's a functionality question that I'll toss out while I work...

With this script, can I 2-box on Minilogin (obviously, 2 accts with the same IP)? Because currently, no matter how clever I think I am, Minilogin doesn't seem to give a rats ass about account name at all - only IP - which I believe is the base issue most have with Minilogin. Everyone touts that it only uses account name and IP - but if that were true, I could have 12 accounts with the same IP, and see my chars.

I do see Minilogin handing off the right Acct # from IP (blah) to World.exe, but when I get inside, all I see is 1 guys toons. Any idea if this script will help us lonely boxers?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I'm attempting to get this to work on my systems now (and I'll try not to ask for support, hehe), but here's a functionality question that I'll toss out while I work...

With this script, can I 2-box on Minilogin (obviously, 2 accts with the same IP)? Because currently, no matter how clever I think I am, Minilogin doesn't seem to give a rats ass about account name at all - only IP - which I believe is the base issue most have with Minilogin. Everyone touts that it only uses account name and IP - but if that were true, I could have 12 accounts with the same IP, and see my chars.

I do see Minilogin handing off the right Acct # from IP (blah) to World.exe, but when I get inside, all I see is 1 guys toons. Any idea if this script will help us lonely boxers?
I think it will, as it actually uses the username/password and IP feature in the database - you might try setting one account, logging in, then set the other account (always go to the Updater first) - login again ( I take you're boxing off the same machine?)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:24 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Yes, I am boxing off the same machine. What happens currently (not using this script) is if you have 2 accts with the same IP, I think the Db search stops at the first match of IP it finds (doesn't consider the account name at all, I am sure). Even without 2 boxing. Set up 2+ accts with the same IP in your database, log one in, see the toons. Then, log out - and log in the second acct from the same machine. You'll see the first guys toons again.

So even before trying to 'box', I am having an issue with same-IP. Which I am hoping this tool might help with - but I am thinking, if it doesn't change the first accts IP, it won't solve my problem.

(btw, I don't seem to have this problem with Public, but I don't have access to that atm ~cry~)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I would only use it with friends for now, as I can already see a few issues. For example, Maybe it could be fixed to where one IP can only have three accounts made in a session. You could end up with your accounts getting spammed with accountnames.
Also, you should make a "blank" account with a specific password, in case someone just presses the "enter" key- I already did this, and made a blank account with a blank PW. If it has a password, they will get an error.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Yes, I am boxing off the same machine. What happens currently (not using this script) is if you have 2 accts with the same IP, I think the Db search stops at the first match of IP it finds (doesn't consider the account name at all, I am sure). Even without 2 boxing. Set up 2+ accts with the same IP in your database, log one in, see the toons. Then, log out - and log in the second acct from the same machine. You'll see the first guys toons again.

So even before trying to 'box', I am having an issue with same-IP. Which I am hoping this tool might help with - but I am thinking, if it doesn't change the first accts IP, it won't solve my problem.

(btw, I don't seem to have this problem with Public, but I don't have access to that atm ~cry~)
Try it! I think once logged in, ip doesn't matter anymore - might when you zone though.
This php sort of "knows" what belongs to who.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

no you will not be able to 2-box with this script... the eqemu server bases account id on IP address so if you change the ip address even after logged in you will either a) change accounts, b) crash the server, or c) crash the zone you are in

i should mention that this script was written based on the modified ax_peq database i'm using, i dont know offhand if the account table has a different number of columns than the default peq databases... but that could cause login problems for some servers.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

oh on a side note you definitely cannot 2-box with this script...

when a player logs in their account it automatically changes all other account rows with their ip address to use the ip of 0.0.0.0

this was done to prevent crashes on the server side from having multiple accounts active using the same IP

but this also provides for a nifty little feature... your GM's can have one login/password for their GM account and another login/password for their regular account. then they can use this tool to swap between accounts to go play as a normal player with 0 access flags to GM commands since it will erase their IP from whichever account they did not log in from.

Also for long term use, players can actually create more than just one account worth of characters on the server. So we arent limiting them to selecting just some of the classes. they can make an account, fill it up with toons, and come back to make a new account, then fill that one up as well :p

Last edited by Aerewen; 12-16-2006 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I realize you said no support so I am just throwing this out for the general public, Mabey someone else has experienced this and knows a fix. When someone first creates an account it sets the password as 0 in the database instead of what they wanted, If I manually put a password in and tell them what it is then it is fine after that .. Any ideas? and that is a 0 not an O that its making.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
DarkMaster
Fire Beetle

Default Nice Work!!

Just wanted to say thanks for the script, it is cleaver. I am running EQemu from behind a 2 firewalls using nat / port forwarding and it all works fine. Just what the doctor ordered lol!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:11 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerewen
I just won a Buffer point!
ok, maybe you didnt say that, but you should..
Old 12-17-2006, 07:27 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sak, check out what Aerewen said before about invalid column counts between databases. If you are getting a zero stuffed into Password, maybe that zero was destined for the Status column instead?

Best way to do inserts (on new accounts) is to always provide the (field_names) for every (field_value) you supply.

Eg.,
INSERT INTO account (name, password, status) VALUES ('name','password','status');

Many people tend to take the shortcut, and just do a:

INSERT INTO account VALUES ('name','password','status');

...but that implies **exact** column placement and order. If accounts has 4 columns, for example, the above insert would error with "invalid column count" or something about not being able to find a column. Check that out.

I wish my linux webserver was working. I'm dying to try this out!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

well this is what I've got for the code now

Code:
$sql = "INSERT INTO `account` VALUES (". $newno. ",'". $_POST['username']. "','',0,'". $_POST['password']. "',".$admin_level. ",".  $newno. ",0,0,'". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "',0,0)";

and these are all the rows I've got in my database
e
id,name,charname,packencrypt,sharedplat,password,s tatus,Isaccount_id,gmspeed,revoked,miniloginip,hid eme

That first 0 is showing up as the password because i changed it to a 5 and it set the password as 5 and yes I believe that is suppose to be the status. anyone can look at this and tell me what i have to do to fix it? I have tried deleting and adding stuff and nothing worked.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Column "packetencrypt" sounds like old Emu. Like I said, if the fields in the accounts table to not match what Aerewen's Insert expects, that's what's causing your problem. If he's using the current database, try that on a separate install just to verify (point your configs to a new currently sourced database - PEQ, ax_peq, something like that).
Old 12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Edit, Nm got it ...trying to get Angels database installed and I am having moments of pure stupidness !

Well , I cant get Angel's to work I tried installing it two diferent times, mabey there is a special order to install all this? I also was going to post on Angel's boards but does not seem to be a way to register so I can .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 12-18-2006 at 07:05 AM..