Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Default have modified database, want modified source

Okay.. I'll start this post with my objectives, then express my interest in accomplishing them!

Have: Very modified ax_classic database. Done tons of work using full version of navicat, as well as GeorgeS awesome tools.

Want: New source, or the ability to modify my current source while retaining my database changes.

I focused almost all my time editing the database the way I wanted, without regards to the difficulty of eventually upgrading my eqemu source. I started out with EQEmu-0.7.0-1129 : 2008-09-02, and then installed AX_CLASSIC_3.8e, which is my current DBVersion.

I have compiled a list of source changes I want to make, and without knowing 100% the methods of accomplishing this, I thought it would be easy! It might be.. I just thought before I spend a ton of effort I would ask the experts for opinions.

Using Visual c++ 2008, I made changes to source from various posts here and compiled/built, only to see them not implemented in game. I assume this is because I have not updated everything I should, or revisions do not match what I want to accomplish.

My database currently has around 87 tables.. and if I want to preserve their data, I assume I would need to write "at least" 87 queries to accomplish this. Is there another way of doing this?

I don't mind doing the work.. but after modifying so many different npcs, zone lines, loot drops, etc.. I feel as if there must be another way of updating without writing sql changes for each and every one of them.

If one of you were in the same position, what approach would you take?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

So what I'm trying to understand is you just want to update to the latest source build and retain your database? To update your source you just go to this link and download that latest compiled build.

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

Now if you want to compile to the absolute latest build yourself, a list of all the changes and builds can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/updates/list

Now you don't have to change your database in anyway, but you may get errors because new tables have been added and stuff. All you have to do is source these particular updates in, which isn't hard. You just find out when the last time you updated and then add in all the svn updates up until the latest. These don't overwrite anything you have worked on. All of these updates can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem.../utils/sql/svn

Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Zeice! Thank you very much.

I plan to work on this tomorrow.. as I have a lot of players eager to test new things.

I don't have a desire to compile to the latest build from what I have.. if I can just start with the newest one and modify it from there. From looking at that list, what I currently run looks quite ancient. Let me see if I have the steps correct then.

1. download the latest source at
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

2. Make a few custom changes I want.. then compile.

3. Then source the r355 svn vs. my database?

I guess only other question I have is how do I know the exact revision of my database? Seems like an easy thing to find or know, but honestly I'm not sure! I assume I need to start at the correct point in time so I'm not modifying columns that don't exist, etc.

Thanks again for info!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Zeice
Sarnak

I think angelox would be able to answer that better since it's his database you're using, I have no experience with his. You don't need to change your database at all except source in the files from. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem.../utils/sql/svn If you think your database is really that old then you might need to source them all in, the only way to really tell is if you try to start your server and you get a bunch of errors. Might be a little tedious to add in all those changes but it's the only way I know of for your situation.

And yeah for compiling you just download the source from that link, make your changes and compile.