Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Default Zoning:Reloading existing zone

Sometimes when players/me zone, it shows the "now loading" part but it just reloads you in the same zone to the safe spot. Not sure what is going on, don't see any error logs or reasons why. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
zergling
Sarnak

You probably need more dynamic zones. It should be throwing a message in your chat box, though.

Try boosting your number of dynamic zones and see if that helps.

(If this happens more frequently when more people are online, its even more likely that its an issue with not having enough dynamic zones.)
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

I think Irrev is having a different problem. When there aren't enough dynamic zones you will get an error message saying that zone is unavailable.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeormom
Discordant

If the zone you are trying to enter is down or your status level is not high enough, your entry will be denied and sent to the safe point for the zone you were already in. In the database, you will notice a status field for zones. Your account status must be equal or higher.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

It is neither of those problems, zone status is 0 for everything and players have a status of 20. Secondly, I have 30 dynamic zones to which only 10-15 are generally in use at a single time.

Trust me its weird. SECONDLY sometimes you zone to the map of the place you were suppsoed to go to...but with the mobs of the zone you just came from!!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Ah ok I remember this one now. This happened to me on your server when I casted certain buffs or received certain buffs either Shaman or Ranger. When I zoned (mostly into PoK) I would zone in but the mobs were still the same mobs of the previous zone but in human form as a result of the races being nonglobal. I could only replicate this on my Vista computer. It never did it on my XP computer. Now my Xp computer is quite old being a standard P4 1.1Ghz. My Vista computer is a Quad core Q6600. What does this mean? Heck I dunno, but maybe somebody can make some sense out of it.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Well, my server IS running on a Vista machine...unfortunately...maybe I should throw XP Pro on it...but if that isn't the reason..rather not
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Running Vista (32bit) on mine and things seem to be ok here.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Grr, well maybe I'll do a server OS whipe & reload...seems like a mystery problem as its been persistant through patch levels.

Only thing that MIGHT cause the issues is SOMETIMES I log a toon ON the server's box and it peaks the CPU at 100% sometimes...maybe that makes the client quasi load?