Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

We're making solid progress on some quest and tradeskill updates and I'm almost done with a new custom dungeon branch and associated quests.
You can find details about updated quests and tradeskills here:
http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/eq/forums/...php?f=10&t=161

Population is starting to pick up so we've had some good raids and AA groups recently.
In fact, the original host from Akkadius was set up as a testing environment so with the website and additional zone needs we started pushing our humble memory limits. (I forget how many cores we're using, but they are only in danger of getting bored.)

Akkadius doubled the ram and the machine was booted back up in less than 30 seconds. We're on great hosting so the more, the merrier!
Old 11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

You can get the server source, db (minus accounts table), and quests here:
http://emudev.us.to/dungeoncrawl

Since we've had a lot of people trying to recruit on the forum lately, I figure I'll toss out an endorsement.
Nenelan started playing on Discordant Whisper several years ago and over time he earned a spot as my only lasting GM. He's trustworthy, solid on game lore, handy with perl, and full of great ideas. He also has a talent for breaking in-game mechanics, which is good for testing and balance.

Thanks to all who played and shared ideas, endured development, and generally shaped things over the past four years.
Thanks to Akkadius for providing a reliable host and thanks to the many devs who continue to do great things in this project.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:46 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

It's been a great run, and I appreciate all of the fun times that you've provided me over the years.

It's certainly been entertaining, and hope to see you do well in whatever you chose to take a hand in next.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Drajor
Developer

I have such a great respect for you guys. I am sad to be writing this :/ You gave me hundreds of happy hours within your re-imagined Norrath. The sum of entertainment you gave this community is something I hope you are proud of. Good luck with future endeavors!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Tabasco
Discordant

Thanks Drajor. I appreciate that very much and I'm glad that you enjoyed your time on the server. You gave us a lot of good feedback, not to mention good conversation.

I copied a few specific quest files into the directory linked above. Nenelan put together a slick buff spell and the scripts for it are right there in the root now. It consists of an NPC and a spell script.
I also came across one of the quests I most enjoyed writing. They need paired with items, but the implementation is pretty easy to follow.

I also copied my phpbb3 source, which has the auction house implementation and all of the scripts for connecting forum accounts to login accounts.
Most of the server-side libraries can be found in templates and plugins. We also had a lot of custom work in items and spells.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:27 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Run by both Tab and nenelan:

http://www.filedropper.com/dungeoncrawl

Just another source to grab it. It includes all of which has been posted by Tab himself as well as nenelan's Buff Master (out the box revised) script and post regarding it.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Davood
Discordant

this is exciting.

tabasco is responsible for either showing me how to, or helping me figure out some of the really tricky stuff on alakamin. i'm curious what his genius mind has done in his quests!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Xaviyn
Fire Beetle

So is this server completely dead? Does anyone plan on re-releasing it? It sounds like a winner...
Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Lungvinmcfrost
Fire Beetle

i no this is a old post but i really miss this server. i wish he would put it back up. i had so much fun.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Don't necro posts.....
Old 04-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Lungvinmcfrost
Fire Beetle

i can if i like. I like the server. It was fun.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Bruh,2 year old post.

Tabasco isn't bringing it back, and you sound like an idiot.