Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:10 AM
vishnu
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I've been on the "in" of these conversations.

All I've got to say is stop worrying.

sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 05-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu View Post

sorry, I couldn't resist
LOL

Well seriously. Doomsdaying is stupid.

We've all known doing this over the years that there is a possibility to be sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison or NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AT ALL.

The latter was extreme but still, yall need to stop freaking out. It's been mostly NOTHING AT ALL for what... 8+ years? However many it doesn't matter.

The dialogue between us and Daybreak has unveiled that they care about fan based projects and they've had several internal discussions about the emulation of EverQuest in general.

Tons of us have been involved in this project for this long because we love the game. Who in their right mind on their side of the fence would seriously shit all over some die-hard fans. Because that's what this community is.

We've always been respectful of intellectual property, flown under the radar and have tried to portray a general sense of integrity in all forms.

They deserve mad respect. To think otherwise is small thinking.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Quote:
Who in their right mind on their side of the fence would seriously shit all over some die-hard fans.
Clearly you and I have had different dealings with the former owners of EverQuest =P

I kid, but seriously, I appreciate you guys entering in to this. It can hopefully only mean good.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:17 AM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
We've all known doing this over the years that there is a possibility to be sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison or NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AT ALL.

The latter was extreme...
You heard it here folks! Akka prefers the former... :p
Old 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM
emuzual
Fire Beetle

folow the link on french site speaking about it :
http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite...t-project-1999

a small step for Daybreak but a hug step for eq fans

PS : please change the link of P99 in server listing detail
Old 05-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Nice.

Google translation:

Quote:
Daybreak officially recognizes the EverQuest server "Project 1999"

MMO players seem to feed some interest in the "classic" servers (whether operated by publishers or the players themselves). After years of existence, the EverQuest server emulated "Project 1999" is officially recognized by Daybreak Game.

Often, MMO players retain fond memories of their first massively multiplayer game - not always for its intrinsic qualities, but because of the excitement of discovery. This is probably one of the reasons why many players now seem to appreciate the "classic" servers, these servers based on the original version of an MMO without the patches and extensions that did sometimes evolve during years of operation.

We know some players prone to frequent or even operate private servers to find these original versions of their MMO. To meet this demand (slightly nostalgic), some publishers themselves open such servers "classic" - as NCsoft for Lineage II , for example.

In this context, in sixteen years of operation, EverQuest hosted cohorts of patches and extensions and some players preferred to preferred version (almost) original on the server "emulated" Project 1999. For years (the server was launched in 2001), the late Sony Online was content to ignore the official server.

Today, as SOE became Daybreak Game, the studio brings his blessing to Project 1999 so that it will remain a "non-profit community project." Players will therefore continue to operate the server "without risk of prosecution".

The measure will probably not have a huge impact, or for the Project 1999 nor Daybreak Game. But community recognitions are still popular and also holds that the studio takes the measure of the interest of the players for the original version of grandpa of MMORPG .